My love for Nutella runs deep. There’s just nothing better than smooth, creamy, chocolatey, nutty Nutella! But ever since I started to low-carb/keto, I’ve been missing Nutella and couldn’t find a suitable low-carb/keto replacement on the market.
So that’s why I decided to experiment and just make my own! It was surprisingly easy and although it’s not as smooth as the store-bought kind, the taste though, in my opinion, rivals the original.
To get a smooth texture, you’ll need to run it in the food processor for ten-plus minutes, which is a very long time! So if you don’t mind the grainy texture, you’ll just have to pulse it until it is spreadable!
My favorite way to eat Nutella is with our Keto Crepe, but you can enjoy this homemade Nutella with low-carb/keto bread, pancakes, cheesecake, strawberries or even Chaffles! The choices are really endless and if you want, you can just eat it straight out of the tub!
So to get this party started, all we need to do is throw some husked hazelnuts into a food processor and grind it down until it’s paste like.
After that, we simply add some coconut oil and pulse again until it turns to a butter like consistency.
For this recipe, you will need a food processor (a blender will not work as it will separate the oils). You will also need Swerve/Monkfruit, Cocoa Powder and Coconut Oil, all of which can be purchased on Amazon.
Now, let’s get cooking!
Prepping Time 10M
Total Time 10M
Net Carb/Serv ~1g
Serving 1/3 Cup
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) If your hazelnuts are not husked, just place them in a bowl or colander with another bowl covering the top and shake vigorously. Not all the husk will be removed but that’s OK.
3) In a food processor, pulse hazelnuts until it becomes a paste. About 1-2 minutes.
4) Add melted coconut oil (put in microwave for 10-30 seconds to melt) and continue pulsing until a smooth like butter consistency. About 1-2 minutes.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Hazelnuts toasted and husked
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Swerve or Monkfruit
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Gather all the ingredients.
- If your hazelnuts are not husked, just place them in a bowl or colander with another bowl covering the top and shake vigorously. Not all the husk will be removed but that’s ok.
- In a food processor, pulse hazelnuts until it becomes a paste. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add melted coconut oil (put in microwave for 10-30 seconds to melt) and continue pulsing until a smooth like butter consistency. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cocoa powder, Swerve, and vanilla extract. Continue pulsing for 1-2 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*