This keto low carb strawberry milk ice cream was inspired by my strawberry milk smoothie recipe that I did a while back. It was so delicious, my whole family said it tasted like strawberry ice cream!
At the same time, I’ve been seeing all these mason jar ice cream recipes around the web and bingo, inspiration for this keto low carb strawberry milk ice cream came to me!
This recipe is unique in that the strawberries are placed whole and mashed right in the jar for ease and basically no clean-up.
Another plus, of course, is the simplicity of this recipe. With only 4 ingredients, you can make delicious creamy fresh ice cream at home without paying those hefty prices for store bought low-carb/keto ice cream.
So with strawberry season approaching, I’m envisioning many delicious jars of strawberry ice cream in all of our futures!
At around ~4 net carbs for the whole jar, this is a great choice for your low-carb/keto dessert that tastes like a creamy, dense bowl of strawberry ice cream made only with your freezer!
I think it is important to point out that this is ice cream made in a mason jar and not from an ice cream machine that has the capabilities to churn while it is being frozen keeping the ice cream soft and scoopable.
Therefore, the best time to eat this ice cream is about four hours after freezing. This is when you will get the creamy ice cream feel.
If you freeze this overnight, it will be hard and some thawing on the counter will be needed but of course it will still be delicious. This is just my experience with mason jar ice cream.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 5M
Cooling Time 3H
Total Time 3H5M
Net Carb/Serv ~5g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Add strawberries and Swerve/Monkfruit in mason jar and mash with a small wooden spatula (I used a hand mixer beater) for about 2 minutes until thoroughly mashed. It should look chunky but runny from the strawberry juices.
3) Next, add heavy cream and vanilla extract into the mason jar.
4) Close the mason jar and shake vigorously for approximately 3-5 minutes. The mixture will almost double and should coat a spoon as shown below.
5) Freeze for 3 hours, scoop and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this your low-carb/keto Strawberry Milk Ice Cream!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Strawberry Milk Ice Cream
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Strawberry
- 2 tbsp Monkfruit, Swerve or Sweetener of Choice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Add strawberries and Swerve/Monkfruit in mason jar and mash with a small wooden spatula (I used a hand mixer beater) for about 2 minutes until thoroughly mashed. It should look chunky but runny from the strawberry juices
- Next, add heavy cream and vanilla into the mason jar
- Close the mason jar and shake vigorously for approximately 3-5 minutes. The mixture will almost double and should coat a spoon as shown below.
- Freeze for 3 hours, scoop and enjoy!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*