These low carb miso tuna zucchini boats adds an Asian twist that is full of flavor and umami!
Zucchini boats are nothing new in the low-carb/keto world and I’ve tried my hand at many delicious recipes and mix-ins on the web!
However, I’ve yet to find an Asian inspired zucchini boat recipe, so I thought I’d set out to try creating one.
Quite often, we use Miso as a marinade for fish so I knew miso and fish go very well together, it was just a question if the zucchini would work with it!
So I went ahead and put all the necessary ingredients together, tossed it in the toaster over and out came these miso tuna zucchini boats!
These little zucchini boats are a little creamy, a little umami and a whole boatload of flavor.
You’d be surprised how filling and delicious these little boats are making you forget you are eating low-carb/keto!
Little recipes like these are the ones I love because when I eat them, I taste all the flavors and goodness and forget that these are actually something that fit sinto my low-carb/keto diet.
They’re that good! And the perfect easy lunch to make at home when you are craving some umami flavor!
Each one comes in at ~5g net carbs but keep in mind the majority of the carbs comes from the zucchini.
Also for the ease, I used a toaster oven to bake these zucchini boats but you can use a regular oven as well. Just remember to preheat if using a regular oven to save you some time.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 5M
Cook Time 15M
Total Time 20M
Net Carb/Serving ~5g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) If using a regular oven preheat to 425F (not necessary if using a toaster oven).
4) Trim the ends off of zucchini and cut in half length wise. Using a spoon, scoop out flesh of zucchini, loosely chop zucchini flesh and set aside.
5) Transfer chopped zucchini flesh into a large skillet and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
6) Add tuna mix to large skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes while occasional stirring.
7) Spoon mix into zucchini shell, place on an oven tray and top with mild shredded cheese.
8) Bake at 425F for 8-10 min or until desired tenderness.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Miso Tuna Zucchini Boat!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Low Carb Miso Tuna Zucchini Boat
- 1 Whole Zucchini
- 5 oz Canned Tuna in Water
- 1 tsp Miso
- 1 tbsp Kewpie Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Mild Cheese Shredded
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper (optional)
- Gather all the ingredients.
- If using a regular oven preheat to 425F (not necessary if using a toaster oven).
- Drain canned tuna and place in small mixing bowl, along with Miso, Kewpie Mayo and optional sprinkle of black pepper. Combine well and set aside.
- Trim the ends off of zucchini and cut in half length wise. Using a spoon, scoop out flesh of zucchini, loosely chop zucchini flesh and set aside.
- Transfer chopped zucchini flesh into a large skillet and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add tuna mix to large skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes while occasional stirring.
- Spoon into zucchini shells and top with mild shredded cheese.
- Bake at 425F for 8-10 min or until desired tenderness.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*