Chia Seeds might just be the perfect low-carb/keto food! They deliver massive amounts of nutrients and antioxidants, not to mention all dietary fiber which keeps you regular if you know what I mean.
But the only drawback is that no one seems to know how to use them! So enter this super simple Matcha Chia Pudding recipe that’ll make use of your chia seeds and turn it into a delicious little dessert at the same time!
From a low-carb/keto perspective, 2 tablespoons of Chia seeds contain 8g of carbs and 8g of fiber equaling 0 net carbs. And what can be better than that? Now combine that with the health benefits that matcha delivers and you have yourself a super dessert with this Matcha Chia Pudding!
I make one everyday and have one on backup in the fridge just in case my sweet tooth shows up, which happens to be daily! So, do yourself a favor and give this super healthy dessert a try!
Just a note that we’ve learned along the way! If your chia seeds are a bit old, they may not absorb the liquid as well resulting in a slightly runnier pudding. Just add less liquid if this happens.
Also if you’re not familiar with chia pudding, it’s more a gel consistency and not like jello or custard. If you prefer a thicker consistency, use less almond milk or increase the amount of chia seeds!
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 5M
Cooling Time 3H
Total Time 3H5M
Net Carb/Serv ~2g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
4) Lastly add in half and half and stir.
5) Refrigerate for 3 hours or more depending on preference.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Chia Matcha Pudding!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Matcha Chia Pudding
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Matcha Powder
- 3/4 Cup Warm Water
- 2 tbsp Monkfruit, Swerve or Sweetener of Choice
- 2 tbsp Half and Half
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a small cup, combine warm water and Matcha Powder. Whisk until Matcha Powder is fully dissolved.
- Add in chia seeds in a cup and pour Matcha Powder mix while whisking. Add Swerve/Monkfruit and continue to stir with a whisk until chia seeds are mixed thoroughly.
- Lastly add in half and half and stir.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or more depending on preference.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*