Here’s the easiest air fried artichoke recipe you’ll find that taste amazing and cooks up in 10 minutes! Dipped in an addicting miso mayo sauce, these air fried artichoke hearts will be the best keto appetizers you’ve made yet!
If you love artichokes like me, but dislike the preparation and cooking time, then this recipe is definitely for you!
Since artichokes are such a healthy veggie (or thistle) packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber, I try to serve them as often as possible to my family.
Not to mention, it’s one of the only veggies my son will eat loads of. Normally, I buy fresh, cut the ends off, and boil in some lemon water but this process takes quite a while since the cooking time is about 30-40 minutes.
While browsing the frozen section in my local Trader Joe’s, I found frozen artichoke hearts and decided to pick some up and throw them in the air fryer to see how they turn out. Boy, was I glad I did!
These air fried artichoke hearts come out perfectly soft with a slight char on the ends for extra flavor!
They’re a perfect keto low card side or appetizer for quick weeknight dinners! Don’t leave out the miso mayo dipping sauce. It’s so addicting and full of umami, you’ll be dipping everything in it!
What are the health benefits of artichokes?
Artichokes are packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and is one of the richest sources of antioxidants from a plant! They may also help lower blood pressure, improve liver and digestive health, and lower blood sugar.
Can you make frozen artichoke hearts in a conventional oven?
Yes you can but the cooking time will be much longer. Once thawed, toss in olive oil, scatter on a baking sheet and bake at 425 F for about 25 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crispy.
What kind of artichoke should I use for air fried artichokes?
I use frozen artichoke hearts found in the frozen section of my local grocery store.
Do I need to thaw artichokes before air frying?
No, you can put frozen artichoke hearts directly into the air fryer. In fact, the cooking time for this recipe is for unthawed artichoke hearts. If you thaw them, the cooking time will be less.
What is Kewpie mayo and why do you recommend it?
Kewpie mayo is Japanese mayo that’s creamier and more full-bodied compared to American mayo. It also has a rich umami taste mid-palate that differs from American mayonnaise.
You can use regular ol mayo if you want, but it will alter the taste.
Now, let’s get air frying some artichoke hearts served with some Japanese miso mayo sauce!
Prepping Time 1M
Cooking Time 10-13M
Total Time 11-14M
Net Carb/Serv ~5g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Transfer frozen artichoke hearts onto air fryer tray and bake at 360F for 5 minutes.
4) After 5 minutes, open air fryer, sprinkle salt and black pepper onto frozen artichoke hearts and cook for another 5-8 minutes at 360F.
5) Once air fried, transfer to a serving plate along with dipping sauce. Enjoy warm!
Hope you enjoy your low-carb Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts that makes for a perfect keto appetizer!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Air Fryer Artichoke with Miso Mayo
- 12 oz Frozen Artichoke Hearts
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Kewpie Mayo you can sub with American mayo but will alter taste
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Miso
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Transfer frozen artichoke hearts onto air fryer tray and bake at 360F for 5 minutes.
- Grate garlic with a grater or garlic press. Combine grated garlic, Kewpie Mayo and Miso into a mixing bowl and mix well. Transfer miso mayo to a dipping bowl and set aside.
- After 5 minutes, open air fryer, sprinkle salt and black pepper onto frozen artichoke hearts and cook for another 5-8 minutes at 360F.
- Once air fried, transfer to a serving plate along with dipping sauce. Enjoy warm!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*