Here’s the easiest air fried artichoke recipe you’ll find that taste amazing and cooks up in 10 minutes! Dipped in an addicting miso mayo sauce, these air fried artichoke hearts will be the best appetizers you’ve made yet!
If you love artichokes like me, but dislike the preparation and cooking time, then this recipe is definitely for you!
They’re a perfect low card side or appetizer for quick weeknight dinners! Don’t leave out the miso mayo dipping sauce. It’s so addicting and full of umami, you’ll be dipping everything in it!
What is air fried Artichoke Hearts with Miso Mayo dipping sauce?
Artichoke hearts are air fried than dipped in a home made miso mayo sauce. They are gluten-free, low carb and a delicious healthy appetizer. These air fried artichoke hearts come out perfectly soft with a slight char on the ends for extra flavor!
How do you air fryer artichoke hearts?
Air frying artichoke hearts is so simple. Just place artichoke hearts in the air fryer basket, single layer and cook until tender.
Do I need to thaw artichokes before air frying?
No, you can put frozen artichoke hearts directly into the air fryer. In fact, the cooking time for this recipe is for unthawed artichoke hearts. If you thaw them, the cooking time will be less.
What are the health benefits of artichokes?
Artichokes are packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and is one of the richest sources of antioxidants from a plant! They may also help lower blood pressure, improve liver and digestive health, and lower blood sugar.
Can you make frozen artichoke hearts in a conventional oven?
Yes, you can however the cooking time will be longer.
Oven Cooking Instructions – toss thawed or unfrozen artichoke hearts in olive oil, scatter on a baking sheet single layer and bake at 425 F for about 25 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crispy on the ends.
What is Kewpie mayo and why do you recommend it?
Kewpie mayo is Japanese mayo that’s creamier and more full-bodied compared to American mayo. It also has a rich sweet umami taste that differs from American mayonnaise.
What other sauces can I use instead?
- Dry Seasoning – garlic powder and lemon juice along with salt and black pepper seasoning.
- Garlic Aioli Sauce – combine mayo, grated garlic and lemon juice. Here is a recipe you can use.
- Spicy Mayo – combine mayo with some sriracha. Here is a recipe you can use.
- Ranch Dressing
What is the nutrition information for this artichoke recipe?
- 233 Calories
- 15g Carbohydrates
- 10g Fiber
- 5g Protein
- 16g Fat
- 30mg Cholesterol
- 633mg Sodium
- 422mg Potassium
- 32mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
- 262ui Vitamin A
- 9mg Vitamin C
Are there any other appetizer recipes I can try?
- Fried Calamari
- Japanese Style Tuna Tartare
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Noodle Salad
- Full Collection of Appetizer Recipes
Now, let’s get making this Air Fryer Artichoke with Miso Mayo recipe!
- Prepping Time 1M
- Cooking Time 10-13M
- Total Time 11-14M
- Net Carb/Serv ~5g
- Servings 2
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Transfer frozen artichoke hearts onto air fryer tray and bake at 360F for 5 minutes.
4) After 5 minutes, open air fryer, sprinkle salt and black pepper onto frozen artichoke hearts and cook for another 5-8 minutes at 360F.
5) Once air fried, transfer to a serving plate along with dipping sauce. Enjoy warm!
Hope you enjoy your Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Air Fryer Artichoke with Miso Mayo
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Transfer frozen artichoke hearts onto air fryer tray and bake at 360F for 5 minutes.
- Grate garlic with a grater or garlic press. Combine grated garlic, Kewpie Mayo and Miso into a mixing bowl and mix well. Transfer miso mayo to a dipping bowl and set aside.
- After 5 minutes, open air fryer, sprinkle salt and black pepper onto frozen artichoke hearts and cook for another 5-8 minutes at 360F.
- Once air fried, transfer to a serving plate along with dipping sauce. Enjoy warm!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*