If you’re like us and buy avocados by the Costco sized bags, I’m sure you can agree that there could never be enough avocado recipes! Especially since avocados only stay ripe for like what…5 minutes?! So when that time comes and you gotta use up all those avocados, this avocado crab bowl is a perfect quick and easy recipe for you!
I really don’t think there’s a more finicky ingredient then avocado, where they go from not ripe, ripe, to trash in about 2-3 days, so it’s really great to have a variety of recipes ready to go during your window of opportunity!
But even though avocados are ‘difficult’, they really do have some awesome benefits to them! They possess one of the healthiest fats for low-carb/keto or just general dieting and are packed with over 20 essential vitamins and minerals, making it pretty much your natural daily vitamin pill!
And lucky for you, this avocado crab bowl recipe is super easy to make and a great way to use up those ripe avocados in no time!
We start with cutting the avocados and scooping out all the meat. If you’re interested in how we cut avocados, here is a quick write up. From there, we just combine all the ingredient together in a bowl and there you go! You just made yourself an avocado crab bowl!
As for the dish itself, the mixture of the avocado, crab meat and Kewpie Mayo tastes like a California roll in a bowl but only at ~4g net carbs per serving! You also can add some cream cheese in there to really make it similar to a California roll in a bowl!
Please note that using regular mayonnaise such as Hellman’s or Best Foods will change to taste profile of the dish, so use at your own discretion.
Now, let’s get started!Prepping Time 5M
Total Time 5M
Net Carb/Serv ~4g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Open can of crab meat, drain out water very well and add to a mixing bowl.
3) Finely chop green onions and add to the mixing bowl.
5) Cut avocado into small 1/4 x 1/4 cubes. Save avocado shell for the bowls. Here is how we cut our avocados.
6) Add cube avocados in mixing bowl and gently mix just enough to combine. You still want the avocado to be chunky, not mashed.
7) Fill the crab avocado mix in the empty avocado shells and sprinkle optional Toasted Sesame Seeds on top.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Avocado Crab Bowl!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Asian Avocado Crab Bowl
- 6 oz Crab Meat shredded or lumps
- 1 Whole Avocado
- 1 Stalk Green Onion
- 3 tbsp Kewpie Mayo
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Sesame Seeds optional
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Open can of crab meat and drain out water very well.
- Finely chop green onions and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add crab, Kewpie Mayo, Soy Sauce to mixing bowl and mix well.
- Cut avocado into small 1/4 x 1/4 cubes. Save avocado shell for the bowls. Here is how we cut our avocados.
- Add cube avocados in mixing bowl and gently mix just enough to combine. You still want the avocado to be chunky, not mashed.
- Fill the crab avocado mix in the empty avocado shells and sprinkle optional Toasted Sesame Seeds on top.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*