This easy Crab Stuffed Avocado Bowl recipe is going to be your next favorite healthy lunch! A savory crab meat mixture topped on a halved avocado for a perfect keto lunch.
Are there ever enough avocado recipes? Not when you buy them in bulk like I do.
Since avocados provide healthy fats your body needs when on a keto diet, this avocado crab bowl recipe should always be on the top of your list!
What is an Avocado Stuffed Crab Bowl?
Canned (or fresh) crab meat is mixed with kewpie mayo, soy sauce, green onions. Then it is tossed with avocado pieces and stuffed back into the avocado for a no fuss, no clean up needed bowl.
What kind of crab should I use for this avocado bowl recipe?
Since this is a quick and easy lunch recipe, I always use canned crab meat. However, if you have fresh crab meat on hand, even better!
Any tips on how to ripen avocados?
You can speed up the ripening process of avocados by placing them in a paper bag or bowl with a banana or apple. Once close to ripping, just throw them back in the fridge to stop the ripping process.
What are the health benefits of avocado?
Avocado’s are packed with heart healthy omega-3 fats acids. They are low in carbs and very nutrient dense in vitamins and minerals. These healthy fats can keep you fueled throughout the day and help you feel full.
Tips for making this avocado stuffed crab bowl recipe?
- Buy avocado in advance to ensure proper ripeness.
- Do not place avocados in the refrigerator until they are at the desired ripeness.
- Use canned crab meat for a quick meal.
- Adjust flavor with salt or black pepper to liking.
For more keto avocado recipes, check these out!
- Keto Avocado Pudding
- Chaffle Avocado Toast
- Keto Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- Japanese Style Avocado Salad
- Wasabi Avocado Salad
Now, let’s get making this Crab Stuffed Avocado Bowl recipe!
- Prepping Time 5M
- Total Time 5M
- Net Carb/Serv ~4g
- Servings 1
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Open can of crab meat, drain out water very well and add to a mixing bowl.
3) Finely chop green onions and add to the mixing bowl.
5) Cut avocado into small 1/4 x 1/4 cubes. Save avocado shell for the bowls. Here is how we cut our avocados.
6) Add cube avocados in mixing bowl and gently mix just enough to combine. You still want the avocado to be chunky, not mashed.
7) Fill the crab avocado mix in the empty avocado shells and sprinkle optional Toasted Sesame Seeds on top.
Hope you enjoy your healthy Crab Stuffed Avocado Bowl!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of keto inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Crab Stuffed Avocado Bowl
- 6 oz Crab Meat shredded or lumps
- 1 Whole Avocado
- 1 Stalk Green Onion
- 3 tbsp Kewpie Mayo can sub with American mayo
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Sesame Seeds optional
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Open can of crab meat and drain out water very well.
- Finely chop green onions and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add crab, Kewpie Mayo, Soy Sauce to mixing bowl and mix well.
- Cut avocado into small 1/4 x 1/4 cubes. Save avocado shell for the bowls. Here is how we cut our avocados.
- Add cube avocados in mixing bowl and gently mix just enough to combine. You still want the avocado to be chunky, not mashed.
- Fill the crab avocado mix in the empty avocado shells and sprinkle optional Toasted Sesame Seeds on top.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*