Egg Roll in a Bowl, aka Crack Slaw, is a quick healthy recipe that cooks up in 10 minutes! This will no doubt be your go-to healthy low carb friendly recipe when you’re short on time but want tons of flavor!
Since starting my low carb journey, this crack slaw recipe was the first recipe that made me feel like living a low carb lifestyle was really sustainable!
I thought, if I could eat this all day, I would be a happy camper! That’s why this recipe will always have a special place in my heart.
What is Egg Roll In a Bowl, aka Crack Slaw?
This Egg Roll in a bowl dish is just like it sounds. All the contents of an egg roll minus the wrapper are placed in a pan and stir-fried. It’s similar to a ground beef stir fry with the addition of a few ingredients.
For this egg roll in a bowl recipe, I included all low carb friendly ingredients such as ground beef, garlic, shredded cabbage, sesame oil and all the seasonings to make a simple and quick lunch or dinner.
What are the instructions to make this crack slaw recipe and what ingredients do I need?
- Ground Beef
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Shredded Cabbage (or coleslaw mix)
- Soy Sauce
- Black Pepper
- Sriracha (or red pepper flakes)
Follow the directions below to stir fry all the ingredients together in a skillet, sprinkle with green onions and enjoy this one pan meal!
What kind of ground meat should I use to make egg roll in a bowl?
You can use 80/20 or leaner ground beef as well as ground turkey, ground chicken, or ground pork.
What other ingredients can you add to this egg roll in a bowl recipe?
- Broccoli Slaw (shredded broccoli stalks)
- Water Chestnut
What else can I serve with crack slaw?
Crack slaw can be served on its own or with a side salad. You can also use it as a filling to make a lettuce wrap for a healthy and low carb dish.
What is the nutrition information for this Crack Slaw recipe?
- 388 Calories
- 8g Carbohydrates
- 3g Fiber
- 22g Protein
- 30g Fat
- 81mg Cholesterol
- 588mg Sodium
- 523mg Potassium
- 71mg Calcium
- 3mg Iron
- 125ui Vitamin A
- 47mg Vitamin C
Any tips for making egg roll in a bowl?
- Buy pre-shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix for ease.
- Use a large and deep frying pan to retain heat and keep everything from spilling over when stir frying.
- Adjust taste to preference with salt.
- Enjoy hot, tastes the best when freshly made and hot!
- Add a drizzle of sriracha sauce for spice.
Looking for more healthy and low carb Asian recipes?
- Cream Cheese Dumplings
- Soy Glazed Asparagus Beef Roll Ups
- Keto immi Black Garlic Chicken Ramen
- Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Full Collection of Asian Recipes
Now, let’s get making this Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe!
- Cook Time 10M
- Total Time 10M
- Net Carb/Serv ~5g
- Servings 2
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Grind garlic with a grinder or garlic press and place aside.
3) In a large fry pan, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until brown and season with salt and pepper. Transfer browned beef to a holding plate while leaving juices in the skillet.
4) Add grated garlic into skillet with the juices and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5) Mix in shredded cabbage. Cook until desired tenderness (about 2-3 minutes).
6) Add back in the cooked ground beef from step 3).
8) Transfer to serving plate and top with a squeeze of Sriracha.
Hope you enjoy your Egg Roll in A Bowl Crack Slaw!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Egg Roll in A Bowl Crack Slaw
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 9 oz Cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Sriracha
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Grind garlic with a grinder or garlic press and place aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until brown and season with salt and pepper. Transfer browned beef to a holding plate while leaving juices in the skillet.
- Add grated garlic into skillet with the juices and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix in shredded cabbage. Cook until desired tenderness (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add back in the cooked ground beef from step 3).
- Stir in Soy Sauce and Sesame Oil.
- Transfer to serving plate and top with a squeeze of Sriracha.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*