The other weekend, we had back to back kid birthdays to go to, so we made the rare decision to get some food at Starbucks.
As far the drinks go, Starbucks (at least here in the States) has an array of customizable options to make low-carb/keto drinks. For the food, not so much. It’s mostly sandwiches, muffins, and cookies, so the only real suitable choice was the egg bites.
Now, I might be pretty late to this party, but I’ve never seen these before (like I said, I hardly ever go to Starbucks for the food) and was very interested in the concept of a egg bowl that you could eat on the go.
After eating them, I was very impressed with the taste and was determined to create a recipe inspired by these Starbucks egg bites and out came these Asian Cream Cheese Breakfast Egg Bites!
After some research, I realized the Starbucks version was pretty complicated. You would need to cook Sous Vide (sealing food in a airtight container and cooking in temperature controlled water), which would mean investing in a Sous Vide heater and waterproof muffin tray of sorts.
Since we figure most people wouldn’t want to do that, we decided to take the concept of egg bites and simplify it to be made without any special equipment.
What came out was different than the Starbucks Egg Bites, but pretty delish and awesome! It doesn’t have the Sous Vide ‘jiggly’ texture, but it’s definitely moist and full of flavors!
So the next time you want to change up your breakfast game, cook a batch of our LCA Asian Cream Cheese Breakfast Egg Bites and keep them in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to pop em in the microwave!
This is a great low-carb/keto breakfast option at ~1g net carb per egg bite or around ~12g net carbs for the entire batch. These egg bites are soft and moist offering flavors of cream and Parmesan cheese blended together with bacon, black pepper and a hint of soy sauce.
They are quick and easy to make, and best of all, they hold in the freezer pretty well! So make some on Sunday night to have enough grab n go egg bites to last the entire week!
The special ingredients needed for this recipe are Soy Sauce and Kewpie Mayo (you can substitute this with regular Western/American mayo). All these can be picked up on Amazon or a local Asian Supermarket. You will also need a Teflon muffin tray and a hand mixer.
Now, let’s get cooking!
Prepping Time 5M
Cooking Time 18-20M
Total Time 23-25M
Net Carb/Egg Bite ~1g
Serving 12 Egg Bites
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Preheat oven to 325F.
3) Prepare green onion by finely chopping them and set aside.
4) Finely chop bacon into ‘bacon bit’ sizes and set aside.
5) In a mixing bowl, add eggs, cream cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, Kewpie Mayo, heavy cream, Soy Sauce, and black pepper. With a hand mixer, beat the egg mixture on low power until cream cheese is broken into finer pieces, about 30-45 seconds. It doesn’t have to be super smooth, but just broken apart. Note – cream cheese and eggs will mix better if at both ingredients are at room temperature, but not required.
6) Add chopped green onions and bacon bits into egg mixture and mix lightly.
7) In a Teflon muffin tray, spray a generous amount of cooking oil and then fill each slot 1/2 up with the egg mixture. The egg will rise the other 1/2 way once cooked.
8) Once oven is up to temperature, place the tray in the CENTER of the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until egg mixture is no long runny. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Asian Cream Cheese Breakfast Egg Bites!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Asian Cream Cheese Breakfast Egg Bites
- 6 Whole Eggs
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- 3 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp Kewpie Mayo (can substitute for American mayo)
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Stalk Green Onion
- 2 Slices Bacon
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Prepare green onion by finely chopping them and set aside.
- Finely chop bacon into 'bacon bit' sizes and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, cream cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, Kewpie Mayo, Heavy Cream, Soy Sauce, and black pepper. With a hand mixer, beat the egg mixture on low power until cream cheese is broken into finer pieces, about 30-45 seconds. It doesn't have to be super smooth, but just broken apart. Note - cream cheese and eggs will mix better if at both ingredients are at room temperature, but not required.
- Add chopped green onions and bacon bits into egg mixture and mix lightly.
- In a Teflon muffin tray, spray a generous amount of cooking oil and then fill each slot 1/2 up with the egg mixture. The egg will rise the other 1/2 way once cooked.
- Once oven is up to temperature, place the tray in the CENTER of the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*