With summer well underway, so is our weekend BBQing! At our house, we love to grill everything from seafood, chicken, Korean BBQ, beef, to veggies! And of course, we always need a BBQ worthy sauce to pair with our BBQs! like some Benihana Ginger Sauce!
Sometimes, we just use the good old salt, pepper and olive oil. Other times, we may pair it with a low-carb/keto BBQ sauce or maybe a Keto Teriyaki Sauce. Or if we’re in the mood for Japanese styled BBQ, we’ll pair it with our secret steak sauce, Keto Yakitori Sauce, or this low-carb/keto Benihana Ginger Sauce.
We actually already released the low-carb/keto Benihana Ginger Sauce as part of other Benihana recipes, but since it pairs so well with virtually any BBQ ingredient, we decided to release it as its own recipe!
And best of all, it’s super easy to make! All you need to do is chop up all the ingredients, zest some lemon and throw it all in the food processor (or blender may work too). Then you pulse it until all the ingredients are mixed together and let it rest in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
The reason you let it rest is to eliminate the air bubbles that are introduced during the pulsing. This ensures the sauce settles and you don’t have an airy texture in the sauce.
This sauce comes in at a low-carb/keto friendly ~1g per tbsp and offers the traditional zesty zing of Benihana’s signature ginger sauce – a touch of sweetness, sourness and ginger spice!
It pairs very well with chicken, beef and grilled vegetables!
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 5M
Total Time 5M
Net Carb/tbsp ~1g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Cut onions into smaller blocks and add to food processor.
6) Sprinkle some Toasted Sesame Seeds on top of dipping sauce. Best served chilled.
Hope you enjoy your copycat version of low-carb/keto friendly Benihana Ginger Sauce!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Benihana Ginger Sauce
- 1 tbsp Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Inch Ginger
- 3 1/2 tbsp Rice Vinegar make sure you are using the no sugar added version
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Monkfruit Erythritol Blend or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Cut onions into smaller blocks and add to food processor.
- Use a peeler to de-skin ginger. Cut into smaller blocks and add to food processor.
- Add Monkfruit Erythritol Blend, soy sauce and rice vinegar into a food processor. Pulse until desired consistency is reached (we blend for about 20-30 secondand transfer to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle some Toasted Sesame Seeds on top of dipping sauce. Best served chilled.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*