Jump to Recipe
With summer well underway, so is our weekend BBQing! At our house, we love to grill everything from seafood, chicken, Korean BBQ, beef, to veggies! And of course, we always need a BBQ worthy sauce to pair with our BBQs! Sometimes, we just use the good old Salt, Pepper and Olive Oil. Other times, we may pair it with a low-carb/keto BBQ sauce or maybe a Keto Teriyaki Sauce. Or if we are in the mood for Japanese styled BBQ, we will pair it with our secret steak sauce, Keto Yakitori Sauce, or this low-carb/keto Benihana Ginger Sauce. We actually already released the low-carb/keto Benihana Ginger Sauce as part of other Benihana recipes, but since it pairs so well with virtually any BBQ ingredient, we decided to release it as its own recipe! This dipping sauce is a low-carb/keto copycat version of the sauce they serve at Benihana steak houses, so if you like that one, pair this low-carb/keto version at your next BBQ!
This sauce comes in at a low-carb/keto friendly ~1g per tbsp and offers the traditional zesty zing of Benihana’s signature ginger sauce – a touch of sweetness, sourness and ginger spice! It pairs very well with chicken, beef and grilled vegetables!
For this recipe, you will need a couple of things: Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Swerve/Monkfruit and food processor. For the Rice Vinegar, make sure you are picking up the one that doesn’t have sugar added (which typically is a green label). You will also have to use a food processor to make the sauce (you might be able to use a blender, but the consistency will be very runny). Everything you will need can be purchased on Amazon or a local supermarket.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 5M
Total Time 5M
Net Carb/tbsp ~1g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Cut onions into smaller blocks and add to food processor.
6) Sprinkle some Toasted Sesame Seeds on top of dipping sauce. Best served chilled.
Hope you enjoy our copycat version of low-carb/keto friendly Benihana Ginger Sauce! If you are looking for other low-carb/keto ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian Inspired low-carb/keto recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive Ketolife discussion & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Benihana Ginger Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chopped Yellow/Brown Onion
- 1/2 Inch Ginger use more if you enjoy Ginger’s kick
- 3 1/2 tbsp Rice Vinegar make sure you are using the no sugar added version
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 tsp Swerve/Monkfruit
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Cut onions into smaller blocks and add to food processor.
- Use a peeler to de-skin ginger. Cut into smaller blocks and add to food processor.
- Add Swerve/Monkfruit, soy sauce and rice vinegar into a food processor. Pulse until desired consistency is reached (we blend for about 20-30 secondand transfer to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle some Toasted Sesame Seeds on top of dipping sauce. Best served chilled.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*