As I mentioned on our Orange Rum Soda post, one of my favorite alcohol spirits to drink during the winter is Rum! Something about the sweet taste of this spirit brings a nice warm feeling to me, as if I’m laying on a beach chair being tanned by the summer rays! Usually, I mix Rum with a citrus fruit, but today decided I would try with a berry and out came this berry rum soda!
Why berries? Well, it’s actually a really low-carb/keto friendly fruit and I happen to like. But most importantly, my kids convinced me to buy a big carton of it at Costco and they were going bad. So that’s why you got this Berry Rum Soda recipe!
The berry brought out a little more sweetness than the typical citrus and overall a more fruity profile, which I quite enjoyed!
Similar to the Orange Rum Soda, we start this drink by making our low-carb/keto simple syrup using at least a 50/50 ratio between the Swerve/Monkfruit and water. The 50/50 ratio is important to ensure the liquid doesn’t crystallize.
From there, we simply add the berries and boil it down to extract the flavors into the syrup. We then strain everything over some nice and add your carbonated water and rum of choice! Simple as that to enjoy this one of a kind drink!
And with this cocktail coming in at ~2g net carbs per serving, kick up your feet up, relax, and imagine you are somewhere on a beach in Pacific tropics!
The ingredients you would need for this recipe would be just Swerve/Monkfruit and carbonated water. We make our carbonated water with a SodaStream, but you can just use a store-bought one if you prefer. We also recommend the proper cocktail glassware. You can pick all of these items up at Amazon.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 3M
Cooking Time 2M
Total Time 5M
Net Carb/Serv 0g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Place blueberries in a bowl and use a spoon to crush and extract all the juices.
4) Add 2 ice cubes into a cup then pour the blueberry syrup along with carbonated water and rum. Mix well and use a strainer to pour into a cocktail glassware. Serve with wedge of lemon and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Berry Rum Soda!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Berry Rum Soda
- 1 tbsp Swerve or Monkfruit
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1.5 oz White Rum
- 1 oz Carbonated Water we use SodaStream
- 10-15 Whole Blueberries
- 1 Wedge Lemon
- 2 Cubes Ice
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Place blueberries in a bowl and use a spoon to crush and extract all the juices.
- In a small teflon fry pan, add crushed blueberries, Swerve/Monkfruit and water and bring to boil on high heat. Boil for 30 seconds and then remove from heat.
- Add 2 ice cubes into a cup then pour the blueberry syrup along with carbonated water and rum. Mix well and use a strainer to pour into a cocktail glassware. Serve with wedge of lemon and enjoy!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*