If you’re looking for sweet and fun skinny cocktails, this Berry Rum Soda is a perfect choice! It’s a delicious cocktail made from natural ingredients that are sugar-free and low carb.
A perfect easy cocktail recipe made from rum and soda. If you’re looking for a delicious recipe on how to drink rum, this berry rum soda is a tasty choice.
All you need to make very simple low calorie cocktails is a few ingredients and 5 minutes of your time! We can show you how!
What is a Skinny Berry Rum Soda?
Berry Rum soda is a sugar-free, low carb, and keto friendly cocktail made from carbonated soda water, rum, and natural flavor that add complexity to the cocktail. It’s a simple drink to make with a lot of room for variation.
What are skinny cocktails?
Skinny cocktails are low carb and or low calorie cocktails that are made with pure alcohols such as rum, vodka, tequila, bourbon, and whiskey.
Rather than using simple syrup, they include sweeteners that are low carb, keto-friendly, and sugar-free.
Some examples of skinny cocktail classics are skinny margarita, skinny mojitos, skinny cosmos, skinny gin and tonic, and skinny pina colada.
What ingredients do I need and how do you make a skinny cocktail berry rum Soda?
- Sweetener – use your preferred sweetener.
- White Rum – use you’re preferred white rum.
- Carbonated Water – club soda, sparkling water, soda water or make your own using a SodaStream.
- Blueberries – use fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Lemon – used for garnish.
Make blueberry syrup and combine with ice cubes, carbonated water, and rum. Stir and garnish with fresh mint leaves and a lemon wedge.
What is the best rum to use for this cocktail recipe?
I recommend using White rum/light rum which will work the best for this cocktail. If you prefer, you can also use any type of rum including aged rum or spiced rum, but the taste will vary.
How do you drink rum? Can you mix rum with soda or juice?
Yes, some popular mixes include:
- Coke / Coca-Cola
- Ginger Ale
- Fruit Punch
- Pineapple Juice
- Orange Juice
However, if you are looking to make a clean sugar-free cocktail mix with no artificial sweeteners or flavors, it’s best to use carbonated soda water and boil down your favorite fruit flavor as shown in this recipe.
What is the nutrition information for this Berry Rum skinny cocktail recipe?
- 14 Calories
- 3g Carbohydrates
- 1g Fiber
- 1g Protein
- 1g Fat
- 0mg Cholesterol
- 9mg Sodium
- 0mg Potassium
- 0mg Calcium
- 0mg Iron
- 0ui Vitamin A
- 11mg Vitamin C
Looking for other skinny cocktail recipes?
Now, let’s get making this Berry Rum Soda Skinny Cocktail recipe!
- Prepping Time 3M
- Cooking Time 2M
- Total Time 5M
- Net Carb/Serv 0g
- Servings 1
- 1 tbsp Sweetener (sugar alternative or preferred sweetener)
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1.5 fl oz White Rum
- 1 fl oz Carbonated Water
- 10-15 Blueberries
- 1 Wedge of Lemon
- 2 Cubes of Ice
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Place blueberries in a bowl and use a spoon to crush and extract all the juices.
3) In a small skillet, add crushed blueberries, sweetener and water and bring to boil on high heat. Boil for 30 seconds and then remove from heat.
4) Add 2 ice cubes into a cup then pour the blueberry syrup along with carbonated water and rum. Stir well and use a strainer to pour into a cocktail glassware. Garnish with a slice of lemon and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy your Berry Rum Soda Skinny Cocktail!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Berry Rum Soda
- 1 tbsp Sweetener sugar alternative or preferred sweetener
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1.5 oz White Rum
- 1 oz Carbonated Water
- 10-15 Whole Blueberries
- 1 Wedge Lemon
- 2 Cubes Ice
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Place blueberries in a bowl and use a spoon to crush and extract all the juices.
- In a small teflon fry pan, add crushed blueberries, sweetener and water and bring to boil on high heat. Boil for 30 seconds and then remove from heat.
- Add 2 ice cubes into a cup then pour the blueberry syrup along with carbonated water and rum. Stir well and use a strainer to pour into a cocktail glassware. Garnish with a slice of lemon and enjoy!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*