Skinny Berry Rum Soda is a delightful cocktail made with homemade low-sugar blueberry syrup, mixed with rum and carbonated water to create a refreshing and slightly sweet beverage. It boasts a delightful blueberry flavor with a hint of zesty lemon, making it a perfect choice for those seeking a tasty, low-calorie, and low-sugar drink option.
Additionally, it can be adapted to fit low-carb, keto, and sugar-free diets by using the appropriate sweetener. This cocktail is incredibly easy to prepare, with the syrup taking less than 5 minutes to make using six simple and natural ingredients.
How to make Skinny Berry Rum Soda?
- Muddle blueberries in a bowl.
- Prepare blueberry syrup by boiling muddled blueberries, sweetener, and water for 30 seconds, then remove from heat.
- Mix 2 ice cubes, blueberry syrup, carbonated water, and rum. Stir well and garnish with lemon.
For an extra burst of zest and balanced flavor in your Skinny Berry Rum Soda, be sure to use a lemon wedge or consider using lime juice as an alternative option.
What ingredients do I need to make Skinny Berry Rum Soda?
- Sweetener – use your preferred sweetener.
- White Rum – use your preferred white rum.
- Carbonated Water – sparkling water or seltzer water.
- Blueberries – use fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Lemon – used for garnish.
What Kind of Rum to Use
- White Rum
- Dark Rum
- Aged Rum
- Spiced Rum
The best rum to use for this cocktail recipe is white rum or light rum. It provides a balanced and clean flavor that complements the berry and citrus notes in the drink.
While you can experiment with aged rum or spiced rum, using white rum will ensure that you get the intended taste of this skinny cocktail.
It’s advisable to avoid using club soda, as it contains sodium which can potentially alter the flavor of your cocktail.
Looking for other skinny cocktail recipes?
Skinny Berry Rum Soda
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Place blueberries in a bowl and use a spoon to crush and extract all the juices.
- In a sauce pan, add crushed blueberries, sweetener and water and bring to boil on high heat. Boil for 30 seconds and then remove from heat.
- Add 2 ice cubes into a cup then pour the blueberry syrup along with carbonated water and rum. Stir well and use a strainer to pour into a cocktail glassware. Garnish with a slice of lemon and enjoy!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*