Who says you can’t have hot chocolate on a low carb and keto diet? This ultra creamy and rich keto hot chocolate will keep you warm and toasty without worrying about the carbs!
This hot chocolate recipe is so easy and perfect for those cold winter months. You can enjoy it knowing it is low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free and dairy-free.
It’s quite simply the best keto keto-friendly hot chocolate I have ever had!
I added to the traditional recipe by adding heavy cream to make it creamier, a pinch of salt and perfecting the ratios. The result was definitely share-worthy!
What ingredients do you need and what are the instructions to make keto hot cocoa chocolate?
The ingredients for keto hot chocolate are as follows:
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Monkfruit Erythritol Blend (or sweetener of choice)
- Heavy Cream
- Sea Salt
In a stovetop pot, add almond milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, monkfruit erythritol blend, heavy cream and a pinch of salt. Whisk ingredients together on medium-low heat until heated but not boiling. Pour into a mug and enjoy!
Is cocoa powder keto friendly and what kind should I use for this recipe?
Cocoa powder is very low in carbs and therefore very keto friendly, just make sure you use pure unsweetened cocoa powder with no added sugar.
Any type of unsweetened cocoa powder can be used to make this recipe. You can purchase high-quality cocoa powder or the standard store brand. It all depends on your taste preference.
Can you substitute unsweetened almond milk for other types of keto friendly milk?
You can definitely use alternate keto friendly types of milk such as coconut milk or a nut milk. You can also try a low carb cow’s milk such as Fairlife ultra-filtered brand milk.
Why do you add sea salt to hot chocolate?
Not only does sea salt give the hot chocolate contrasting sweet and salty flavors, but it also takes away some of the bitterness from the cocoa powder and enhances the chocolate flavor.
What is the nutrition information for this keto hot chocolate recipe?
- 99 Calories
- 5g Carbohydrates
- 3g Fiber
- 3g Protein
- 9g Fat
- 477mg Sodium
- 82mg Potassium
- 317mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
- 221ui Vitamin A
- 0mg Vitamin C
Did you have any other low carb and keto friendly hot drink recipes I could check out?
- Hot Matcha Latte
- Ginger Tea
- Creamy Coconut Hot Chocolate
- Turmeric Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Full Collection of Hot Drink Recipes
Now, let’s get making this Keto Hot Chocolate recipe!
- Cooking Time 3M
- Total Time 3M
- Net Carb/Cup ~2g
- Servings 2 Cups
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Using a stove top pot, add Almond Milk, Cocoa Powder, Monkfruit Erythritol Blend, heavy cream and sea salt. Mix well and heat to preferred drinking temperature on medium-low heat. Note – do not let it boil.
3) Transfer to a heat resistant cup, top with optional whipping cream and enjoy warm.
Hope you enjoy your Keto Hot Chocolate!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Hot Chocolate
- 2 Cups Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp Monkfruit Erythritol Blend or sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Using a stove top pot, add Almond Milk, Cocoa Powder, Monkfruit Erythritol Blend, heavy cream and sea salt. Mix well and heat to preferred drinking temperature on medium-low heat. Note - do not let it boil.
- Transfer to a heat resistant cup, top with optional whipping cream and enjoy warm.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*