Our kids aren’t low-carb/keto, but we do try to moderate their intake of refined carbohydrates, including white bread, pastries, cereal, and desserts.
And since traditional blueberry waffles are loaded with just that, I decided to try making a blueberry chaffle that didn’t contain any flour or sugar like the store-bought frozen ones you see at the supermarket.
I took my original cream cheese chaffle and added fresh blueberries to them and BAM, delicious, fluffy blueberry chaffles that my kids devoured within minutes!!
I’m sure some of you can relate, but when your kids actually like something that’s healthy, you feel like you’re winning!!
This recipe is portioned for the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, which I just love and use everyday.
It makes two perfect sized chaffles in just minutes and the cleanup is a breeze. Of course, you can use any waffle iron you already own and it would work with this recipe as well.
This recipe uses Coconut Flour because I felt that it gives the chaffles a finer, soft texture but if you don’t have any on hand, you can try substituting the 1 tbsp of coconut flour for 2 tbsp of almond flour.
Another thing to remember is to use room temperature cream cheese and eggs so you can achieve a smooth batter.
Otherwise you will end up with clumpy cream cheese in your waffles. Be sure to read below as I added a quick tip on how to make room temperature eggs and cream cheese in a jiffy.
Now if you’re ready, let’s chaffle!
Prepping Time 3M
Cooking Time 6M
Total Time 9M
Net Carb/Waffle ~2.5g
Servings 2 Waffles
1) Gather all the ingredients. Note – For quick room temperature eggs, submerge egg in warm water for 3-5 min. For quick room temperature cream cheese, take amount needed and microwave for 10-15 sec.
2) Plug-in Dash Mini Waffle Maker to pre-heat.
4) Next, add egg, cream cheese, Vanilla Extract and mix with a whisk until well combined.
5) Pour batter into waffle iron, top with 4-5 fresh blueberries and cook for 3-4 min until browned to liking. Enjoy with your favorite sugar-free syrup.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Blueberry Chaffle!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 4 tsp Monkfruit Erythritol Blend
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg room temp
- 1 oz Cream Cheese room temp
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Blueberries
- Gather all the ingredients. Note – For quick room temperature eggs, submerge egg in warm water for 3-5 min. For quick room temperature cream cheese, take amount needed and microwave for 10-15 sec.
- Plug-in Dash Mini Waffle Maker to pre-heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, add Coconut Flour, Monkfruit Erythritol Blend, baking powder and mix.
- Next, add egg, cream cheese, vanilla extract and mix with a whisk until well combined.
- Pour batter into waffle iron, top with 4-5 fresh blueberries and cook for 3-4 min until browned to liking. Enjoy with your favorite sugar-free syrup.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*