Chaffle Avocado Toast is a delicious low-carb and keto-friendly toast that features a homemade avocado spread. This healthy and easy-to-make breakfast option is gluten-free and offers a nutritious twist on the traditional avocado toast. With its simplicity and health benefits, Chaffle Avocado Toast is the perfect choice for a quick and satisfying morning meal.
How to make Chaffle Avocado Toast?
- In a mixing bowl, add prepared avocados, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice. Use a fork to mash it down until a paste-like texture is formed.
- Prepare chaffle buns by beating eggs in a mixing bowl. Preheat a mini waffle maker and sprinkle cheese, followed by beaten eggs, and another sprinkle of cheese. Cook for 3-4 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Apply avocado spread on chaffles and top with a pinch of bagel seasoning if desired.
What ingredients do I need to make keto avocado toast chaffles?
- Avocado – ripe avocados, skin peeled and sliced.
- Lemon Juice – freshly squeezed from a lemon.
- Salt – sea salt preferred.
- Black Pepper – fine ground.
- Egg – beaten.
- Shredded Cheese – your choice of shredded cheese. Some options include Cheddar, Cheddar Jack, Mozzarella, and Romano.
What are chaffles?
Chaffles are a creative and versatile low-carb alternative to traditional waffles and toast. Made from a simple mixture of cheese and eggs, chaffles provide a wheat flour-free option that fits well into low-carb and keto lifestyles.
Their neutral taste serves as a canvas for a wide range of flavors, allowing for savory or sweet variations that can be enjoyed in various meals and desserts.
How to store and meal prep breakfast chaffles?
For convenient meal prep, store your breakfast chaffles by freezing them in an airtight container or ziplock bags. When ready to enjoy, simply microwave them for 20-30 seconds to warm them up. The chaffles can be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
As for the avocado spread, cover it with a lid or plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge, where it will remain fresh for 4-7 days, allowing you to enjoy it throughout the week.
Looking for other keto chaffles recipes?
- Cheddar Jalapeño Chaffles
- McGriddle Chaffles
- Blueberry Chaffles
- Cream Cheese Chaffles
- Double Chocolate Chaffles
Chaffle Avocado Toast
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Peel and cut avocado and place into a small bowl. Here is how we cut avocados.
- Next, add lemon juice, salt, and black pepper into the bowl. Mash with a fork until well combined, set aside.
- Plug-in Dash Mini Waffle Maker to pre-heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg.
- Place about 1/8 cup shredded cheese on to the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, followed by ~1/2 of the egg mixture and another 1/8 cup of shredded cheese on top. Close lid and cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Repeat for as many waffles you are making.
- Let the chaffle cool for a few minutes and apply with avocado spread.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*