If you want a full breakfast in a chaffle, let me introduce you to the keto low carb Cheese Waffle Japanese Breakfast Omelet.
If you happened to read the Keto Pizza Cheese Chaffle Waffle recipe write up, you might recall how purchasing this waffle maker was the ‘Mrs’ idea out of nowhere.
But ever since that time, the inspirations have been flying in at light speed and we already have a bunch of recipe ideas jotted down, one of which is based for a low-carb/keto okonomiyaki which we know has been requested by some of our visitors on LCA!
So definitely stay tuned and make sure to sign up to our recipe notifications if you’re interested to know when it’s released!
But for today’s recipe release, we wanted to create a low-carb/keto breakfast dish that can be made with a waffle maker.
So after bouncing a couple of ideas off each other, we came up with a low-carb/keto Japanese Breakfast Chaffle!
We just took all the ingredients you would use in a traditional Japanese breakfast omelet, mixed it all together, threw it in the waffle maker and out came this delicious easy breakfast!
This is a great option for all the morning hustlers that are trying to find a quick and easy way to make a breakfast and only comes in at ~1g net carb per waffle!
Note that these waffles are NOT sweet! They are actually on the savory side but for all you sweet tooths out there, here is the sweet version!
For this dish, the special ingredient you would need is Kewpie Mayo, which you can get on Amazon or at a local Asian supermarket. You will also need a waffle maker. We use the Dash Mini Waffle Maker because it makes the perfect size waffles, but any waffle maker will do.
Note – If you are preparing multiple servings, we would recommend using 2 Dash Mini Waffle Maker simultaneously to reduce the cooking time.
Now, let’s get cooking!
Prepping Time 3M
Cooking Time 6M
Total Time 9M
Net Carb/Waffle ~1g
Servings 2 Waffles
1) Gather all the ingredients.
3) Chop bacon into 1/4 inch pieces and add into the small mixing bowl.
4) Chop green onion into 1/4 inch pieces and add half into the small mixing bowl and mix well. Set the other half of chopped green onion aside.
5) Plug-in Dash Mini Waffle Maker to pre-heat.
6) Place about 1/8 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese on to the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, followed by half the egg mixture and another 1/8 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese on top. Close lid and cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Repeat for as many waffles you are making. Transfer to a serving plate, drizzle Kewpie Mayo and sprinkle on reserved chopped green onions.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Japanese Breakfast Chaffle!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Japanese Breakfast Chaffle
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tbsp Kewpie Mayo you can sub with American mayo but will alter taste
- 1 Stalk Green Onion
- 1 Slice Bacon
- 1 tbsp Drizzle of Kewpie Mayo you can sub with American mayo but will alter taste
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg and then add 1 tbsp of Kewpie Mayo.
- Chop bacon into 1/4 inch pieces and add into the small mixing bowl.
- Chop green onion into 1/4 inch pieces and add half into the small mixing bowl and mix well. Set the other half of chopped green onion aside.
- Plug-in Dash Mini Waffle Maker to pre-heat.
- Place about 1/8 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese on to the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, followed by half the egg mixture and another 1/8 cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese on top. Close lid and cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Repeat for as many waffles you are making. Transfer to a serving plate, drizzle Kewpie Mayo and sprinkle on reserved chopped green onions.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*