This Churro Chia Seed Pudding is exactly how it sounds! It’s a churro in a chia pudding!
Late night cravings always result in interesting but delicious creations, as some of you might know, and this one is no different!
I love cinnamon everything! And many nights, I’m looking for either a cinnamon cookie like the cream cheese ginger cinnamon cookies we make, or some cinnamon sugar glazed macadamia nuts that we keep stored away.
Of course, I pretty much already knew it would taste good as I can predict what adding some cinnamon and vanilla would do to my basic chia recipe.
And after the two LONG hour wait, (usually I refrigerate for 3 but I couldn’t wait) and I tasted it and thought, wow that’s REALLY good! It tasted like something and I couldn’t put my finger on it.
Then my husband comes out and he eats a big spoonful and says, “Yum, that tastes like a churro!” I immediately thought, that’s it! This delicious chia pudding tastes like a churro and so the churro chia seed pudding on LCA was born!
Before I get to the recipe, I think it’s important to not only point out how delicious this and every chia seed pudding is but to also point out all the health benefits these little seeds bring!
Chia seeds deliver massive amounts of nutrients and antioxidants. They also contain enough dietary fiber to keep you regular if you know what I mean.
I can’t say enough good things about chia seeds and chia seed pudding so next time you’re in the mood for something sweet and creamy with a little cinnamon kick, try this delicious churro chia seed pudding!
Just a note that we’ve learned along the way! If your chia seeds are a bit old, they may not absorb the liquid as well resulting in a slightly runnier pudding. Just add less liquid if this happens.
Also if you’re not familiar with chia pudding, it’s more a gel consistency and not like jello or custard. If you prefer a thicker consistency, use less Almond Milk or increase the amount of chia seeds!
Now, let’s get making this Churro Chia Seed Pudding recipe!
- Prepping Time 1M
- Cooling Time 3H
- Total Time 3H1M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Servings 1
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Add all ingredients in desired dish and whisk or stir until well combined. Note – For more firmer pudding use less Almond Milk.
3) Place in refrigerator for approximately 3 hours. Note – you can optional give the pudding a good stir about 30 minutes into the refrigeration process to prevent clumping.
Hope you enjoy your Churro Chia Seed Pudding!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Churro Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp Sweetener monkfruit erythritol blend, sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Almond Milk or milk of choice
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Add all ingredients in desired dish and whisk or stir until well combined. Note - For more firmer pudding use less almond.
- Place in refrigerator for approximately 3 hours. Note - you can optional give the pudding a good stir about 30 minutes into the refrigeration process to prevent clumping.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*