I’m so obsessed with Chia Seeds lately! Not only for the health benefits, but also for the ease and versatility of it. I love how it takes me just minutes to whip up this healthy and satisfying Coconut Chia Pudding dessert that doesn’t require any cooking!
Now I have to say that the texture is something that takes getting used to especially when calling it a “pudding”, but the health benefits are undeniable!
Chia seeds are packed with omega 3s, which is the kind of fat that’s universally agreed to be good for you, proteins and diteray fibers! Two tablespoons of Chia seeds contains 8g of carbs and 8g of fiber equaling 0 net carbs. I can’t think of a healthy dessert than that!
So do yourself a favor and give this super healthy dessert a try! It’s super simple and will take you less than 5 minutes to put together!
Just a note that we’ve learned along the way! If your chia seeds are a bit old, they may not absorb the liquid as well resulting in a slightly runnier pudding. Just add less liquid if this happens.
Also if you’re not familiar with chia pudding, it’s more a gel consistency and not like jello or custard. If you prefer a thicker consistency, we would recommend using about 1/2 cup coconut milk, however if you prefer a runny consistency, use 1 cup of coconut milk. We decided to go to right down the middle at 3/4 cup coconut milk for this recipe.
I also used unsweetened vanilla flavored coconut milk because I like the extra depth the vanilla brings to the pudding but you can use regular unsweetened coconut milk as well and still achieve a great tasting dessert.
Now, let’s get making this Coconut Chia Pudding recipe!
- Prepping Time 5M
- Cooling Time 3H
- Total Time 3H5M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Servings 1
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) In a small cup or bowl, add Chia Seeds, sweetener, coconut milk and mix well with a whisk. Note – For more firmer pudding, use less coconut milk.
3) Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight. Serve cold topped with dried unsweetened coconut flakes, your favorite berries, or by itself.
Hope you enjoy your Coconut Chia Pudding!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Coconut Chia Pudding
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp Sweetener monkfruit erythritol blend, sugar or sweetener of choice
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Milk unsweetened vanilla
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a small cup or bowl, add chia seeds, sweetener, ccoconut milk and mix well with a whisk. Note - For more firmer pudding, use less coconut milk.
- Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight. Serve cold topped with dried unsweetened coconut flakes, your favorite berries, or by itself.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*