This keto low carb chia pudding is a perfect dessert for breakfast! The chia seeds help you feel full and satisfied and the coffee gives you that extra pick me up you need in the mornings!
The best part is you can make these the night before so it’s all ready to go when your morning hunger kicks in.
I usually have at least a few of these in my fridge so when I have busy mornings, which is often with two little ones, I can grab it and go.
I’m sensitive to caffeine so I usually skip my morning tea, but the coffee in this pudding really gives me an extra boost I need to get going!
It’s really the best of both worlds and I highly recommend giving this a try. Now let’s talk about the benefits of chia seeds!
Chia seeds are packed with omega 3s, which is the good kind of fat that you want. It also contains protein and dietary fibers.
Plus, two tablespoons of Chia seeds contains 8g of carbs and 8g of fiber equaling 0 net carbs. I can’t think of a more low-carb/keto friendly dessert than that!
Just a note that we’ve learned along the way! If your chia seeds are a bit old, they may not absorb the liquid as well resulting in a slightly runnier pudding. Just add less liquid if this happens.
Also if you’re not familiar with chia pudding, it’s more a gel consistency and not like jello or custard. If you prefer a thicker consistency, use less water or increase the amount of chia seeds!
Now, let’s get started!Prepping Time 1M
Cooling Time 3H
Total Time 3H1M
Net Carb/Serv ~1g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
3) Add half & half and mix well.
4) Next combine in Chia Seeds. Once mixed in, place in refrigerator for approximately 3 hours. Note – you can optional give the pudding a good stir about 30 minutes into the refrigeration process to prevent clumping.
Chia Seed pudding can be stored in the refrigerator covered for up to 5 days.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Coffee Chia Seed Pudding!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Coffee Chia Seed Pudding
- 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- 2 tsp Instant Coffee we used UCC Blend
- 2 tbsp Monkfruit Swerve or Sweetener of Choice
- 2 tbsp Half & Half
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds add 1 more tbsp for thicker consistency
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In small cup or bowl, combine Instant Coffee, Swerve/Monkfruit with hot water. Stir until coffee powder is dissolved.
- Add half & half and mix well.
- Next combine in Chia Seeds. Once mixed in, place in refrigerator for approximately 3 hours. Note - you can optional give the pudding a good stir about 30 minutes into the refrigeration process to prevent clumping
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*