Coffee Chia Seed Pudding is a gluten-free breakfast on the go that combines the goodness of chia seeds with the invigorating flavor of coffee. This nutritious dish offers a convenient and healthy option for your morning routine. With minimal prep time and an easy-to-follow recipe, you can quickly whip up this delightful pudding and savor its satisfying taste and texture.
Not only is it a delicious treat, but it also provides numerous health benefits. The chia seeds in this pudding are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, antioxidants, and dietary fiber, making it a super healthy choice that supports your overall well-being.
How to make Coffee Chia Seed Pudding?
- Start by combining instant coffee, sweetener, and hot water in a mixing bowl and whisk together until instant coffee is dissolved.
- Next, add in half n half and chia seeds.
- Chill the chia pudding mixture in the refrigerator for 3 hours until a gel-like texture is formed.
- Enjoy chilled.
If your chia seeds are a bit old, they may not absorb the liquid as well resulting in a slightly runnier pudding. Just add less liquid if this happens.
Feel free to add a couple of drops of vanilla extract for some extra vanilla flavors and top with some maple syrup for a sweet chia pudding.
What ingredients do I need to make coffee chia pudding?
- Hot Water – filtered hot water.
- Instant Coffee – best to use a bold coffee blend like UCC Blend to get the strongest flavors.
- Sweetener – use your preferred sweetener.
- Half and Half – a blend of half heavy cream and half milk. Can be purchased at grocery stores.
- Chia Seeds – Chia Seeds packaged and shelf stable. Best to use fresher chia seeds for the best texture.
You can replace instant coffee and water with Americano espresso .
Why is chia pudding good for you?
Chia seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which is the good kind of fat that you want. It also contains protein, antioxidants, and dietary fibers that help with keeping your digestive health in good shape.
How to store chia seed pudding?
Cover the serving jar with saran wrap or a lid and store in the fridge. Will hold up to 5-7 days.
Looking for other chia seed pudding recipes?
Coffee Chia Seed Pudding
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In small cup or bowl, combine Instant Coffee, sweetener with hot water. Stir until coffee powder is dissolved.
- Add half & half and mix well.
- Next combine in Chia Seeds. Once mixed in, place in refrigerator for approximately 3 hours. Note - you can optional give the pudding a good stir about 30 minutes into the refrigeration process to prevent clumping
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*