Cold refreshing green tea topped with a creamy thick layer of rich cream cheese foam. This delicious drink is unique and impossible to resist.
Originating from Asia, cheese tea is all the rage these days! There are boba shops serving this addicting beverage on their menu everywhere in Taiwan and has since gained popularity here in the U.S as well.
Normally, I don’t buy into food trends too much, but I have to say that cheese tea is one that really lives up to the hype!
What is Cream Cheese Foam Green Team, also known as cheese tea?
Cream Cheese Foam Green Tea is a combination of creamy, slightly sweet and salty cheese foam topped over cold green tea.
There are many variations with cheese tea and I have yet to taste one I haven’t liked.
Our version here is a more healthy, sugar-free and keto friendly cheese tea with the same taste and texture sold at boba shops.
However, if you prefer, you can easily sub a couple of ingredients to make a traditional cheese tea using this same exact recipe!
What does cheese tea recipe taste like?
The cheese tea topping is similar to whipped cream with a runnier consistency.
It’s rich, creamy, sweet, with a salty cream cheese flavor. It pairs unusually well with cold green tea and the layers create an aesthetically pleasing beverage.
What ingredients are needed to make cream cheese foam green tea?
- Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- Monkfruit Erythritol Blend (or sweetener of choice)
- Whipping Heavy Cream
- Half and Half (or milk)
- Sea Salt
What are the instructions for making the cream cheese foam?
Making the cheese foam is very simple.
Add in all the ingredients for the cheese mixture and combine using a hand or stand mixer until medium peaks form.
You can also whisk by hand however, it will take you quite a while.
What type of tea makes the best cream cheese foam cheese tea?
- Green Tea
- Oolong Tea
- Jasmine Tea
- Black Tea
How do you drink cream cheese foam green tea?
If you’re familiar with other bubble tea drinks, you’re probably used to drinking them from a straw.
To get the most out of cheese tea, instead of using a straw, you drink it straight from the cup so that you get a little bit of the cheese foam and green tea in every sip.
Just beware of the milk mustache!
Did you have any tips for making this cream cheese foam recipe?
- Refrigerate the leftover cheese foam in a covered container for up to 5 days.
- Brew strong tea using loose leaf tea.
- To make cold tea without watering it down from ice cubes, you can make the tea in advance and place it in the refrigerator.
- Don’t mix. Drink from the cup so that you get a little bit of cheese foam and tea in every sip.
- You can also substitute half and half for milk.
- Not trying to go sugar-free? Simply replace monkfruit erythritol with cane sugar.
Looking for other cream cheese foam recipes?
- Cream Cheese Foam Coffee
- Matcha Cream Cheese Foam Milk Tea
- Cream Cheese Foam Strawberry Smoothie
- Peach Cream Cheese Tea
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
Now, let’s get started making this Cream Cheese Foam Green Tea recipe!
- Prepping Time 10M
- Total Time 10M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Servings 2
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) In a medium mixing bowl, add sweetener and cream cheese. Beat on high until smooth and creamy. About 3 minutes with a hand mixer.
3) Add half and half, whipping cream and sea salt to the mixing bowl and beat until thick and frothy but still slightly runny. About 3 minutes with a hand mixer.
4) Use your preferred method to steep tea leaves. My go-to is using the bottom dispensing tea pot for the simplicity and ease. Note – I recommend steeping the tea for at least 5 minutes or longer to ensure a strong brew.
5) In a serving glass, pour tea over ice. You can add additional sweetener if you prefer your tea sweet (we recommend adjusting per tsp of sweetener).
6) Spoon whipped cream mixture on top of iced green tea. Optional – sprinkle a little sea salt on top. Note – when drinking, don’t mix. Drink with foam on top.
Hope you enjoy your Cream Cheese Foam Green Tea!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Cream Cheese Foam Green Tea
- 2 tsp Jasmine Loose Leaf Tea
- 12 oz Hot Water for tea
- 1 Cup Ice
- 3 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 3 tbsp Sweetener monkfruit erythritol blend, sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup Half and Half
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add sweetener and cream cheese. Beat on high until smooth and creamy. About 3 minutes with a hand mixer.
- Add half and half, whipping cream and sea salt to the mixing bowl and beat until thick and frothy but still slightly runny. About 3 minutes with a hand mixer.
- Use your preferred method to steep tea leaves. My go-to is using the bottom dispensing tea pot for the simplicity and ease. Note - I recommend steeping the tea for at least 5 minutes or longer to ensure a strong brew.
- In a serving glass, pour tea over ice, add sweetener and stir to dissolve. You can adjust sweetness level to your liking (we recommend adjusting per tsp of sweetener).
- Spoon whipped cream mixture on top of iced green tea. Optional - sprinkle a little sea salt on top. Note - when drinking, don't mix. Drink with foam on top.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*