Discover the perfect low-carb, keto-friendly, gluten-free alternative to bread with our Crispy Keto Chaffles. Made with just two ingredients – cheese and egg, these delightful cheese waffles offer a satisfying crunch and a hint of cheesiness.
Whether you’re following a keto or low-carb diet, our chaffles are quick to make, versatile, and absolutely delicious, making them a must-try addition to your recipe collection.
What is a chaffle?
A chaffle is a keto-friendly, low-carb, and gluten-free bread-like alternative made from a simple combination of eggs and cheese. It is incredibly easy to make with no prep time required, making it a convenient option for quick meals.
Chaffles are also highly versatile, allowing for endless variations and customization.
There are three main types of chaffles: basic chaffles, savory chaffles, and sweet chaffles, each offering a different texture and flavor profile to suit various preferences.
- Basic Chaffles – crunchy texture made with a base of shredded cheese mixed with eggs. These are best used for a keto and low-carb sandwich bun or bread alternative.
- Savory Chaffles – firmer chaffles are crafted using a combination of shredded cheddar cheese or Mozzarella cheese mixed with eggs. The chaffle batter is further enhanced with a variety of seasonings, including salt, bagel seasoning, peppers, garlic powder, garlic Parmesan, and Italian seasoning.
- Sweet Chaffles – softwe chaffles are created using a delightful combination of cream cheese, coconut flour, eggs, and a sweetener. These ingredients form the base of the chaffle, and additional flavors like vanilla extract, syrup, chocolate, or cinnamon can be incorporated to enhance the taste.
What do cripsy chaffles taste like?
Crispy chaffles offer a delightful combination of flavors and textures. The base chaffle has a satisfyingly crispy exterior with a rich cheesy taste, complemented by a subtle eggy flavor.
This creates a reminiscent experience of a traditional crispy waffle, making it an excellent low-carb and keto-friendly bread alternative.
How can I use a chaffle?
For this basic chaffle recipe, some ideas are:
- Bread Alternative
- Base of a Pizza
- Burger Bun
- Breakfast Sandwich
What ingredients do I need to make chaffles?
- Egg – beaten egg
- Shredded Cheese – pre-shredded cheese. Cheese that you can use include Cheddar, Mozarella, Mexican Style Blend, Colby Jack, and Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack
What are the instructions to make chaffles?
To make chaffles, start by preheating your preferred waffle iron.
Sprinkle a layer of cheese onto the iron, followed by a layer of beaten eggs and another sprinkle of cheese.
Close the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes until the chaffles turn golden brown.
Allow them to cool slightly, allowing for a crisp texture, before using them in your desired dish.
How to store chaffles?
Store your chaffles by placing them in a ziplock bag and freezing them until you’re ready to enjoy them.
This convenient storage method ensures that your chaffles stay fresh and can be easily reheated whenever you crave their deliciousness.
What is the nutrition information for this chaffles recipe?
- 115 Calories
- 1g Carbohydrates
- 0g Fiber
- 9g Protein
- 8g Fat
- 104mg Cholesterol
- 207mg Sodium
- 52mg Potassium
- 154mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
- 308ui Vitamin A
- 0mg Vitamin
Looking for other chaffles recipes?
- Double Chocolate Chaffles
- Blueberry Chaffles
- Cream Cheese Chaffles
- Japanese Breakfast Chaffles
- McGriddle Chaffles
Now, let’s get making this Crispy Keto Chaffles recipe!
- Prepping Time 1M
- Cooking Time 6M
- Total Time 7M
- Net Carb/Waffle ~1g
- Servings 2 Waffles
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Plug-in Dash Mini Waffle Maker to pre-heat.
3) In a small mixing bowl, beat egg.
4) Place about 1/8 cup shredded cheese on to the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, followed by ~1/2 of the egg mixture (enough to cover the iron) and another 1/8 cup of shredded cheese on top. Close lid and cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Repeat for as many waffles you are making.
5) Let the chaffle cool for a few minutes before use.
Hope you enjoy your Crispy Keto Chaffles!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Crispy Keto Chaffles
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Plug-in Dash Mini Waffle Maker to pre-heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg.
- Place about 1/8 cup Shredded Cheese on to the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, followed by ~1/2 of the egg mixture (enough to cover the iron) and another 1/8 cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese on top. Close lid and cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Repeat for as many waffles you are making.
- Let the chaffle cool for a few minutes before use.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*