Becoming a parent has presented me with many new opportunities in life. Before kids, we would do couple things such as go for a nice walk after a nice meal together or watch TV uninterrupted. But now with kids, all those things went out the window and we instead do things that we probably wouldn’t have done before…like driving 2 hours to go apple picking. And after coming home, we get to make new recipes with the apples like these cheese apple bites!
Now, don’t get me wrong, I love exploring nature and doing activates such as this, but 2 hours is a very long drive.
Buuuut…when the request comes from your kids, all logic goes out the window and you comply without hesitation!
So we ended up going to Riley’s Farm (a fantastic place by the way) and came home with more apples then we knew what to do with. So as I do often, I opened our fridge and started pulling out ingredients and created this dish we just named Cheese Apple Bites!
Each piece is ~1g net carb, but they’re bite sizes so the carbs can add up on your in hurry! On the flip side though, they taste delicious and are super simple to make!
On a closing note, if you’re a fan of sparkling wine (champagne), which by the way only has ~1.6g of carbs per serving, this snack would pair well together!
Now, let’s get started making some Cheese Apple Bites!
- Prepping Time 3M
- Total Time 3M
- Net Carb/Bite ~ 1g
- Servings 8 bites
1) Gather all the ingredients.
3) Cut the apple into rings of 1/2″ thickness. Then cut the rings into 1/4th and de-seed core.
4) Place a generous drop of the mayo mix onto each apple bite.
5) Cut cheese into 1/4″ thick slices, place onto of apple rings and garnish with optional parsley.
Hope you enjoy your Cheese Apple Bites!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Cheese Apple Bites
- 1/2 Whole Fuji Apple you can use whatever apple you prefer, but the juicy the better
- 1 oz Cheese we used Dubliner
- 1 tbsp Kewpie Mayo
- 1/2 tsp Monkfruit Erythritol Blend
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together Kewpie Mayo and Monkfruit Erythritol Blend.
- Cut the apple into rings of 1/2" thickness. Then cut the rings into 1/4ths and de-seed core.
- Place a generous drop of the mayo mix onto each apple bite.
- Cut cheese into 1/4" thick slices, place onto of apple rings and garnish with optional parsley.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*