A quick and easy scallion chicken stir fry that’s packed with flavor in less than 10 minutes. This healthy and delicious stir-fry is incredibly simple to make any day of the week.
You can make this green onion chicken stir fry with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Full of amazing flavor and so versatile, this easy green onion chicken stir fry goes well with just about anything.
What is Green Onion Scallion Chicken stir fry?
A very simple chicken with scallions stir fry dish using only a few ingredients. This healthy chicken stir fry dish combines chicken, garlic, green onions, and seasonings to make a simple yet flavor-packed dish. If you prefer, you can add a pinch of fresh ginger and soy sauce for extra flavor.
What are scallions, also known as green onions?
Scallions and green onions are the same thing. They are the green stalk of an onion bulb that hasn’t fully grown yet. Scallions are commonly used in Asian dishes and add a nice fresh flavor to any dish.
Where are scallions in the grocery store?
Scallions in the grocery store are the same thing as green onions. Long green stalks with a white small bulb found in the fresh vegetables section.
What do scallions taste like?
Scallions have a oniony earthy taste. They are mild in flavor and are not spicy. When cooked, they are actually sweet like yellow and brown onions.
What ingredients do I need and how do you make a scallion chicken stir fry recipe?
- Chicken Thigh – boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2-3 pieces cut into cubes.
- Olive Oil – can also use vegetable oil or preferred high temp cooking oil.
- Salt – add salt to taste depending on preference.
- Black Pepper – add fresh or pre-ground black pepper to taste.
- Togarashi – optional for spice and can also be substituted with Red Cayenne Pepper.
- Garlic Cloves – grated garlic using a hand grater or garlic press.
- Green Onions – chopped green onions.
Add chicken, garlic, salt, pepper, and togarashi to a bowl and combine. Heat a pan, drizzle oil then add chicken and cook until fully cooked. Add chopped green onions and stir fry quickly then transfer to a serving dish.
Enjoy with a side of greens, white rice, or cauliflower rice.
How do you cut chicken breasts or thighs into cubes?
Place chicken on a cutting board and make 3-4 vertical slices, then 3-4 horizontal slices. That should give you cubes of chicken.
What is the nutrition information for this chicken with scallions recipe?
- 762 Calories
- 5g Carbohydrates
- 1g Fiber
- 38g Protein
- 66g Fat
- 222mg Cholesterol
- 764mg Sodium
- 531mg Potassium
- 46mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
- 416ui Vitamin A
- 46mg Vitamin C
Looking for other chicken stir fry recipes?
- Kung Pao Chicken Stir Fry
- Sesame Chicken Stir Fry
- Asian Ground Chicken Stir Fry
- Garlic Chicken Fried Rice
- Chili and Lime Pan Fried Chicken
Now, let’s get making this Garlic Chicken Stir Fry with Scallion Green Onions recipe!
- Prepping Time 5M
- Cooking Time 5M
- Total Time 10M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Serving 1
- 1/2 lb Boneless and Skinless Chicken Thigh (about 2-3 pieces)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt (to taste)
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/16 tsp Togarashi (optional and can also be substituted with Chili Powder)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Stalk Green Onions
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Cut chicken into 1/2 x 1/2 cube size bites and add into a mixing bowl
4) In the same mixing bowl, add 1/2 tbsp olive oil, salt, black pepper, Togarashi (optional), toss well and set aside.
5) Finely chop green onions and set aside (we cut them at a 45 degree angle, but you can chop them however you like).
6) Add 1/2 tbsp olive oil into a skillet and bring up to temp. Once up to temp, set heat to medium-high, add in the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes occasionally stirring until chicken is browned.
7) Once chicken is browned, add in green onions, cook for 10 additional seconds and transfer to serving plate. Enjoy hot!
Hope you enjoy your Garlic Chicken Stir Fry with Scallion Green Onions!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Garlic Chicken Stir Fry with Scallion Green Onions
- 1/2 lb Chicken Thigh boneless and skinless
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper to taste
- 1/16 tsp Togarashi optional and can also be substituted with chili powder
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Stalk Green Onions
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 x 1/2 cube size bites and add into a mixing bowl
- Grind garlic with a grinder or a garlic press and place into a mixing bowl.
- In the same mixing bowl, add 1/2 tbsp olive oil, salt, black pepper, Togarashi (optional), toss well and set aside.
- Finely chop green onions and set aside (we cut them at a 45 degree angle, but you can chop them however you like).
- Add 1/2 tbsp olive oil into a skillet and bring up to temp. Once up to temp, set heat to medium-high, add in the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes occasionally stirring until chicken is browned.
- Once chicken is browned, add in green onions, cook for 10 additional seconds and transfer to serving plate. Enjoy hot!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*