The best way to prepare kale, this healthy garlic kale stir fry is not only delicious but it’s also so quick and easy to make! Inspired by a local Taiwanese restaurant we live near, I guarantee this will be the only kale recipe you need!
One of our family’s favorite restaurants is this local Taiwanese restaurant that has plenty of amazing dishes, but the one that stands out is this very simple stir fry garlic kale dish they offer.
It’s one of the best kale stir-fry I have ever tasted which is why I decided to make my very own copycat version to share with you all.
This simple kale recipe is filled with flavors of garlic along with Asian seasoning all finished with a touch of toasted sesame oil! It’s super easy to make and it won’t disappoint!
What is garlic kale stir fry?
Garlic kale stir fry is exactly how it sounds. First, we sauté some garlic, then add in kale, sesame oil, salt, and white pepper. A quick stir-fry and it’s done. Doesn’t get easier than this.
What’s the difference between sautéing and stir-fry?
Stir-frying involves very high heat and quick cooking time while sauté usually takes a little longer sometimes allowing food to brown. However, the concept is very similar between the two.
What’s kale and what are the health benefits?
Kale is a dark green, leafy cruciferous vegetable rich in nutrients and antioxidants to combat free radicals in the body. It’s also high in vitamins C,K, and A. Kale is also shown to lower cholesterol and provide your body with lots of minerals the body needs.
Any tips on making garlic kale stir-fry?
Use high heat and a neutral oil that holds the temperature well. Stir-frying goes quickly to make sure you have all your ingredients measured out and ready to go.
Now, let’s get pan frying up some Chinese style Garlic Kale Stir Fry!
- Prepping Time 1M
- Cook Time 3M
- Total Time 4M
- Net Carb/Serv ~5g
- Servings 2
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Wash, dry, remove ribs (stem) and cut kale into bite size pieces (about 1/2 inch slices).
3) Finely slice garlic as shown below.
4) In a Teflon frying pan or Wok, add high temp neutral cooking oil and sliced garlic on high heat. Once the garlic becomes fragrant, about 20-30 seconds, add in chopped kale and cook for 2-3 minutes until kale is softened while continuously mixing/stirring.
Hope you enjoy your Chinese style Garlic Kale Stir Fry!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Garlic Kale Stir Fry
- 2 Cups Chopped Kale Leaves about 3 leaves
- 1 tbsp High Temp Neutral Cooking Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Wash, dry, remove ribs (stem) and cut kale into bite size pieces (about 1/2 inch slices).
- Finely slice garlic as shown below.
- In a Teflon frying pan or Wok, add high temp neutral cooking oil and sliced garlic on high heat. Once the garlic becomes fragrant, about 20-30 seconds, add in chopped kale and cook for 2-3 minutes until kale is softened while continuously mixing/stirring.
- Once the kale is softened, add in salt, White Pepper and Sesame Oil. Mix well and transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy hot!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*