Garlic Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice is the best alternative to traditional fried rice except with so much more flavor and much fewer carbs using healthy and fresh cauliflower rice! What makes this healthy shrimp fried rice dish the best I have ever tasted is the addition of old bay seasoning.
That combined with some garlic butter and you got yourself a plate made from the heavens! It’s just so good you wouldn’t believe it’s healthy and made with cauliflower rice! Follow along and let us show you how to make cauliflower fried rice as you’ve never tasted before!
How to make Garlic Shrimp Fried Rice?
- Heat a pan or wok over medium-high and cook the shrimp until they turn pink, then set them aside.
- Next, cook cauliflower rice in the same pan to your desired tenderness.
- Add butter, the cooked shrimp, Old Bay seasoning, and black pepper. Stir-fry everything until well combined.
- Finish by topping the dish with chopped parsley.
What ingredients do I need to make healthy shrimp fried rice?
- Shrimp – fresh or frozen peeled and deveined.
- Cauliflower Rice – frozen or fresh cauliflower rice.
- Garlic – minced or finely chopped.
- Neutral Oil -no taste or flavor with high cooking temperature. Some choices are sunflower oil, peanut oil, sallower oil, vegetable oil, and canola oil.
- Butter – salted or unsalted.
- Old Bay Seasoning – Old Bay Seasoning, a mixture of celery salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, and other spices. Commonly used with seafood.
- Black Pepper – ground.
- Parsley – finely chopped for garnish.
- Veggies – add fresh vegetables if preferred.
How do you make frozen cauliflower rice not soggy?
Add frozen cauliflower to a heated pan and sear to dry it out before adding your butter or oils.
Is frozen rice cauliflower healthy?
Frozen cauliflower rice is just as healthy as fresh cauliflower rice. Both work wonderfully when making cauliflower fried rice. We prefer frozen for ease.
Feel free to add in vegetables such as carrots, peas, green onion, or bell peppers,
Looking for cauliflower rice recipes?
- Cheesy Cauliflower Rice
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Gratin
- Cajun Cauliflower Rice
Garlic Shrimp Fried Rice
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Prepare shrimp by deveining, peeling, drying off any liquid with a paper towel. Cut shrimp into 1/2 inch pieces as shown below.
- Mince garlic and chop parsley as shown below.
- In a frying pan, add 1 tbsp of neutral cooking oil and minced garlic on medium heat. Once the garlic becomes fragrant, about 30-45 seconds, add in chopped shrimp. Cook for 1-2 minutes until pink throughout. Remove from heat and transfer to holding bowl.
- In a large fry pan, add frozen cauliflower rice and cook for 2-3 minutes or until preferred tenderness is attained. Add butter and mix until melted.
- Add back in the cooked shrimp from step 4), mix in Old Bay Seasoning and black pepper. Cook for an additional 45-60 seconds and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with chopped parsley and enjoy hot!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*