Make this Garlic Spinach Stir Fry any day of the week using only a few ingredients. Delicious, healthy and ready in under 5 minutes!
This Asian inspired Garlic Spinach Stir Fry complements many different meals and is quite possibly the easiest and fastest side dish you will make!
How to make Garlic Spinach Stir Fry?
The instructions for making this garlic spinach stir fry side dish can’t be any easier!
We start by mincing garlic, from there we add the fresh washed spinach into a heated frypan and cook for about a minute.
Once the spinach is cooked, we add the minced garlic, a sprinkle of salt, and bonito flakes for extra umami.
What ingredients are needed to make this spinach stir fry recipe?
- Baby Spinach Leaves
- Minced Garlic
- Vegetable Oil (or any neutral cooking oil)
- Salt (to taste)
- Bonito Flakes (optional)
How healthy is spinach?
As a superfood, spinach has a range of health benefits!
It’s a low calorie food that’s packed with vitamin a and vitamin c as well as minerals that include potassium, and calcium, that aid in providing bone health, preventing cancer, and improving blood glucose control in people with diabetes.
In addition, spinach is high in fiber and water, both of which help to prevent constipation and promote a healthy digestive tract.
Spinach is also low in carbohydrates which makes it low carb and keto friendly.
How long to stir fry fresh spinach?
Spinach cooks very quickly so after adding oil to a heated pan, add the spinach and quickly stir fry for about 1 minute or until desired tenderness.
To prevent mushy spinach, do not overcook.
What is the difference between saute and stir frying?
The difference between sauce and stir frying is very similar however saute is usually cooked in a shallow pan over medium-high heat, whereas stir frying is done in a deeper frying pan or wok and over high heat and a shorter amount of time.
Did you have any tips in making this stir fry spinach recipe?
- Use baby spinach if you prefer more tender leaves.
- Wash and submerge spinach in a big bowl very well to make sure the spinach is clean and rid of any leftover dirt.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds for better presentation.
Looking for other easy spinach recipes?
- Korean Spinach Salad
- Japanese Spinach Salad
- Spinach Mushroom Cauliflower Rice Curry
- Spinach and Artichoke Cream Cheese Balls
Now, let’s get making this Garlic Spinach Stir Fry recipe!
- Prepping Time 1M
- Cook Time 3M
- Total Time 4M
- Net Carb/Serving~3g
- Servings 1
- 4-5 Cups of Spinach Leaves
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Neutral Cooking Oil
- 1/8 tsp of Salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Bonito Flakes (optional for umami taste)
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Prepare, cut and wash spinach as needed.
3) Finely mince garlic and set aside.
4) In a large skillet or wok, add neutral cooking oil and bring up to heat on high. Once oil starts to lightly smoke (about 2-3 minutes), add spinach (caution for hot oil spattering) and cook for 30 seconds while continuously mixing.
5) After 30 seconds, add garlic and salt, mix/stir until spinach are fully cooked, about 30 – 60 seconds. Top with optional Bonito Flakes and serve hot.
Hope you enjoy your Garlic Spinach Stir Fry!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Garlic Spinach Stir Fy
- 4-5 Cups Spinach Leaves
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Neutral Cooking Oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Bonito Flakes optional for umami taste
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Prepare, cut and wash spinach as needed.
- Finely mince garlic and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, add neutral cooking oil and bring up to heat on high. Once oil starts to lightly smoke (about 2-3 minutes), add spinach (caution for hot oil spattering) and cook for 30 seconds while continuously mixing.
- After 30 seconds, add garlic and salt, mix/stir until spinach are fully cooked, about 30 - 60 seconds. Top with optional bonito flakes and serve hot.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*