Fresh homemade Beef Jerky Sticks are a delicious snack full of flavor and packed with protein. They are easy to make and healthier because there’s no additives or preservatives!
Not only are these a great meat snacks to take along with you on your next summer road trip, but you can rest assured they are nitrate-free and do not contain any unhealthy preservatives!
A truly perfect wholesome snack!
What are homemade beef jerky sticks?
These beef jerky sticks are made from ground beef and seasonings, then dried using an oven or dehydrator. A high protein beef snack sticks that has a savory taste and delicious flavor.
Plus, unlike store bought beef jerky, these homemade meat sticks contain no fillers, additives or preservatives.
How do you make beef jerky sticks at home?
In order to make the beef jerky look nice and uniform, I purchased a jerky gun from Amazon. Best decision ever because I can’t tell you how satisfying and easy it is to make beef jerky using a jerky gun!
You start by using good quality ground beef such as grass-fed beef and set it out for it to come close to room temperature. This will allow the meat to be softer and easier to handle.
Add seasonings and spices and mix rigorously. Then fill the meat mixture into a jerky gun and squeeze it onto a wire baking rack. Then bake at low temperature until dried and pliable.
Are these beef jerky sticks low carb, keto and gluten-free friendly?
There beef jerky sticks are perfect for a low carb, and keto diet. You can also make it gluten-free by replacing soy sauce with tamari.
What kind of ground beef should I use to make beef jerky sticks?
Use lean ground beef for making beef jerky, preferably something above 88% lean. Leaner meat dehydrates faster and provides a firmer texture.
If you prefer, you can also use ground turkey.
Can I use an oven instead of a dehydrator to make beef jerky sticks?
These beef jerky sticks can be made in both the oven or a dehydrator and I’ve included directions for both methods right below. Just note sticks will take slightly longer to dehydrate than flat sticks, which is indicated below as well.
If you have a dehydrator, you can first pre-cure the beef jerky at 300 degrees in the oven for 10 minutes. Then transfer to the dehydrator at 160F for 3 hours for beef strips and 4 hours for beef sticks.
How do you store homemade beef jerky?
To preserve homemade beef jerky, refrigeration is best in a sealed container or bag. However, they can be shelf stable for at least a month left outside.
Why do you bake at 300F first then reduce the temp to 170?
We do this to prevent bacteria growth and ensure you have safe to eat beef jerky.
What other snack recipes can I check out?
- Air Fried Salt n Vinegar Zucchini Chips
- Coconut White Chocolate Clusters
- Cinnamon Sugar Glazed Macadamia Nuts
- Japanese Sandwich Bites
- Salt n’ Onion Garlic Kale Chips
Now, let’s get making some homemade Ground Beef Jerky Sticks, your next prefect snack!
- Prep Time 5M
- Baking Time 2H40M
- Total Time 2H45M
- Net Carb/Stick ~0.5g
- Servings 10
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 1/2 tbsp Monkfruit Erythritol Blend (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp Salt (if you’re sensitive to sodium, use 1/2 tsp instead)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce (less sodium if sensitive to sodium intake)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Jerky Gun
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Preheat the oven to 300F.
3) Use a small mixing bowl to combine the dry ingredients Monkfruit Erythritol Blend, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
4) In another mixing bowl, combine liquid ingredients soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
5) Transfer the ground beef into a large mixing bowl, combine half of the dry and liquid seasoning and mix. Once mixed, pour the other half of the seasonings and continue to mix until well combined.
6) Load the ground beef mix into the jerky gun as shown below.
7) Use the jerky gun to create the beef strips/sticks on top of a baking rack as shown below.
8) Bake at 300F for 10 minutes.
9) After 10 minutes, open oven door to let the moisture escape, reduce oven temp to 170F and cook for 2 hours and 30 minutes for beef strips and 3 hours for beef sticks.
10) Let beef sticks cool before enjoying. We recommend storing in the fridge in an airtight container.
Hope you enjoy your homemade Ground Beef Jerky Sticks!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Ground Beef Jerky Sticks
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Use a small mixing bowl to combine the dry ingredients Monkfruit Erythritol Blend, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- In another mixing bowl, combine liquid ingredients soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Transfer the ground beef into a large mixing bowl, combine half of the dry and liquid seasoning and mix. Once mixed, pour the other half of the seasonings and continue to mix until well combined.
- Load the ground beef mix into the jerky gun as shown below.
- Use the jerky gun to create the beef strips/sticks on top of a baking rack as shown below.
- Bake at 300F for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, open oven door to let the moisture escape, reduce oven temp to 170F and cook for 2 hours and 30 minutes for beef strips and 3 hours for beef sticks.
- Let beef sticks cool before enjoying. We recommend storing in the fridge in an airtight container.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*