If you’re a chocolate lover, then you need to try this healthy chocolate avocado smoothie! The cocoa satisfies those dessert cravings and the avocado creates an unbelievably smooth and creamy texture, very similar to ice cream.
Not to forget, avocados give you those healthy fats that your body needs when trying to have a healthy balanced diet. There’s also fresh spinach to give you that extra boost of vitamins and minerals.
What is a chocolate avocado smoothie?
A healthy avocado smoothie recipe that’s made with almond milk, cocoa powder, avocado, spinach, and a touch of sweetener.
This smoothie is packed with vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. It’s a perfect morning smoothie, afternoon snack, or dessert.
Plus, this healthy chocolate smoothie is fully customizable giving you the option to use your choice of milk, sweetener, and add-ins.
What does adding an avocado do to a smoothie?
There are many health benefits to adding avocado’s to your smoothies.
Avocados are packed with heart healthy omega-3 fats acids. They are low in carbs and very nutrient dense in vitamins and minerals.
These healthy fats can keep you fueled throughout the day and help you feel full.
Can you taste avocado in a smoothie?
Surprisingly, you can not taste the avocado in a smoothie. What the avocado does, is add an extra smoothness and creaminess to the smoothie.
Are avocado smoothies good for you?
Since avocados contain healthy fats and vitamins and minerals, they are very beneficial to a healthy diet. They also help you feel full if weight loss is your goal.
What ingredients do I need and how do you make this avocado smoothie recipe?
- Almond Milk – can also use dairy milk, coconut milk, oat milk, or any type of preferred milk alternative.
- Cocoa Powder – 100% unsweetened cacao powder or cocoa powder.
- Spinach – spinach leaves that have been rinsed and dried.
- Avocado – half a de-pitted ripe avocado.
- Sweetener – Monkfruit Erythritol Blend, sugar, maple syrup, or sweetener of choice
Add all ingredients into a high powdered blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Other healthy smoothie recipe add-in ideas?
- Greek Yogurt
- Almond Butter
- Chia Seeds
- Peanut Butter
- Protein Powder
- Vanilla Extract
What other milk alternative can I use?
There are many different types of milk alternatives to fit your taste and dietary needs. For this recipe, you can use, diary milk, soy milk, almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk.
What is the nutrition information for this smoothie with avocado recipe?
- 55 Calories
- 5g Carbohydrates
- 3g Fiber
- 3g Protein
- 4g Fat
- 0mg Cholesterol
- 362mg Sodium
- 250mg Potassium
- 330mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
- 2813ui Vitamin A
- 8mg Vitamin C
What other healthy smoothies can I try?
- Green Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie
- Berry Smoothie
- Japanese Style Strawberry Milk Smoothie
- Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- Matcha Green Energy Smoothie
Now, let’s get making this Chocolate Avocado Smoothie recipe!
- Prepping Time 3M
- Total Time 3M
- Net Carb/Serv ~3g
- Servings 1
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth (about 15-30 seconds).
3) Pour in tall glass and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this Chocolate Avocado Smoothie!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- 1 cup Almond Milk or milk of choice
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 Whole Avocado
- 1 cup Ice Cubes
- 2 tbsp Sweetener monkfruit erythritol blend, sugar or sweetener of choice
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth (about 15-30 seconds).
- Pour in tall glass and enjoy!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*