Welcome to the world of our Homemade Ginger Ale recipe, a treat crafted especially for ginger ale enthusiasts! This recipe is a celebration of authenticity, made with real ginger and devoid of artificial additives. Immerse yourself in the invigorating essence of ginger while sipping on this refreshing and health-conscious beverage!
Table of Contents
Why I Love This Recipe
Homemade Ginger Ale is a gem that represents the perfect fusion of tradition and health. Rooted in worldwide cuisine, it revolves around the star ingredient, fresh ginger. This beverage, with its invigorating qualities, is an ideal choice for those who seek authenticity and convenience. Much like our beloved Ginger Tea and Ginger Shot, this recipe harnesses the incredible health benefits of ginger, setting it apart from its store-bought counterparts.
The taste experience combines the warm spiciness of ginger, the sweetness of your chosen sweetener, and a hint of citrus from optional lemon or lime juice. It’s a must-try for anyone in search of an authentic and health-conscious drink. Give it a try, and savor the goodness of this recipe!
- Ginger – peel ginger and slice.
- Sweetener – use your preferred sweetener.
- Salt – sea salt preferred.
- Lime/Lemon Juice – for this beverage, you can choose either lemon or lime juice. Whichever you prefer.
- Carbonated Water – use unflavored carbonated water or sparkling water.
Essential Kitchen Equipment
Step 1 Add water and sliced ginger to a pot, then simmer for 30 minutes.
Step 2 Strain the liquid and mix it with sweetener and salt. Cool the ginger ale base in the freezer for 30 minutes or in the fridge for 3 hours.
Step 3 When it’s time to prepare the drink, combine 1 part ginger ale concentrate with 2-3 parts carbonated water. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the health benefits of homemade ginger ale?
Homemade ginger ale offers several health benefits, including boosting the immune system, fighting infections, and providing anti-inflammatory properties. It's known for aiding digestion, easing upset stomachs, and potentially supporting weight loss. Additionally, ginger ale can help lower blood sugar levels and relieve bloating.
Is there a recommended carbonated water brand to use?
No, there isn't a recommended carbonated water brand to use for this recipe. You can choose any carbonated water brand you prefer. Just ensure it's not club soda, as club soda contains salt that can affect the flavor of your ginger ale.
To store leftovers of your syrup base, place it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will remain good for use for 21-30 days when stored this way.
Other Healthy Drink You Might Like
Watch How To Make It
Homemade Ginger Ale
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Slice ginger and set aside.
- Boil water in stove top pot. Once boiling, reduce heat to low simmer and add in sliced ginger. Cover 7/8 way to leave a little room for evaporation and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the ginger and pour ginger juice into a holding bowl. Add sweetener and salt into the ginger juice and stir well until sweetener fully dissolves.
- Transfer the ginger juice base into the freezer for 30 minutes. Note - you can just place in the fridge as well, but require 3-4 hours to cool.
- After 30 minutes, remove ginger juice base from freezer. To make the ginger ale, use 1 part ginger ale base to 2-3 parts carbonated water and adjust to liking. Top with a squeeze of lime/lemon.