Elevate your mornings with our Hot Matcha Latte recipe! It’s a matcha enthusiast’s dream, blending frothy whisked matcha with creamy milk and a touch of indulgent heavy cream to create a comforting and wholesome beverage. With just five ingredients and one minute, you can savor the delightful fusion of earthy matcha flavors in a healthy and authentic Japanese drink!
Table of Contents
Why I Love This Recipe
I love this Hot Matcha Latte recipe because it brings the essence of matcha to your daily routine! Grounded in Japanese tradition, this recipe uses high-quality matcha powder to deliver a vibrant green tea taste that’s both invigorating and soothing. It’s the perfect drink for those seeking a moment of calm and focus in their busy lives!
Plus, it’s so simple to make, and you can enjoy the delightful fusion of earthy matcha flavors in a healthy and authentic drink, made with real matcha powder, just like our Matcha Creme Frappuccino and Matcha Jelly recipes. This latte is a must-try for anyone looking to add a touch of Asian-inspired flavor to their mornings!
- Matcha Powder – green tea leaves that have been ground into a powder. Culinary grade Matcha Powder will work for this recipe but you can also use ceremonial grade premium matcha if preferred.
- Sweetener – use your preferred sweetener. Can also use honey, agave, or even maple syrup.
- Hot Water – roughly 175F or 80C.
- Milk – can also use your choice of milk or milk alternative. Coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk, oat milk etc.
- Heavy Cream – can also use heavy whipping cream or half and half.
Step 1 Start by adding matcha powder, sweetener, and hot water to a cup or bowl. Then, use a matcha whisk or bamboo whisk to whisk until the liquid transforms into a rich dark green froth, ensuring a smooth texture with no clumps.
Step 2 Combine milk of choice and heavy cream into a microwaveable safe cup and transfer to microwave for 60 seconds until warm.
Step 3 Pour warmed milk and heavy cream slowly and whisk until well combined.
Enhance your matcha experience with a refreshing twist by preparing an Iced Matcha Latte. Simply add some ice to your matcha mixture, and you’ll have a cool and invigorating beverage to enjoy on a warm day.
Pair your matcha latte with a slice of Matcha Basque Burnt Cheesecake or Matcha Panna Cotta for a sweet blend of flavors. The creamy and slightly bitter notes of matcha in your latte will beautifully balance the sweetness of these dessert options, creating a well-rounded matcha-themed experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any milk alternatives you can use?
Absolutely! You have a variety of milk alternatives to choose from for your Hot Matcha Latte. Almond milk, oat milk, and soy milk are excellent options that work beautifully in this recipe.
Is it essential to use a bamboo whisk or a matcha whisk, or can I use a regular whisk?
You don't need a bamboo or matcha whisk for this recipe. You can achieve great results using a regular whisk or a frother.
Are matcha lattes good for you?
Drinking a matcha latte can promote relaxation, reduce stress, enhance concentration, and boost alertness. Moreover, the green tea leaves used in matcha contain antioxidants and less caffeine than a typical cup of coffee, making it a healthy and rejuvenating choice.
Simply cover leftovers and place it in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to enjoy it again, warm it up in the microwave.
Other Matcha Recipes You Might Like
- White Chocolate Matcha Covered Macadamia Nuts
- Matcha Chia Pudding
- Matcha Mousse Mini Cheesecake
- Matcha Cream Cheese Foam Milk Tea
Watch How To Make It
Hot Matcha Latte
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a heat resistant cup, add Matcha Powder, sweetener and hot water. Whisk until liquid turns dark green. Note - you can just use a metal whisk if you don't have wooden matcha whisk.
- Combine milk and heavy cream into a microwaveable safe cup and transfer to microwave for 60 seconds until warmed.
- Pour warmed milk and heavy cream slowly and whisk until well combined. Enjoy warm!