Ironically enough, we usually don’t have much time to make breakfast for ourselves! A typical recipe creation takes anywhere from 6-12 hours from start to finish so our mornings are very rushed to get started!
And since we don’t have much time to sit down and have breakfast, we started making these very simple and delicious egg roll ups instead!
At first, it was a very simple milk and salt base, but over the course of time, it developed into what we call our Japanese Breakfast Egg Roll Ups!
Eggs are such a staple food for breakfast especially on a low-carb/keto diet. They’re high in protein, low in carbs, full of healthy fats and packed with nutrients. It’s no wonder the egg fast is gaining popularity in recent years!
Just make sure you have an arsenal of great egg recipes like this one to keep your taste buds happy!
We start with a basic mix of beaten eggs with some soy sauce and Swerve/Monkfruit to lightly sweeten. In case you never have had Japanese scrambled eggs, they are usually a little bit on the sweet side
From there, we simply cook the mix on low heat in a medium-sized skillet until the eggs aren’t runny. Once we get the eggs cooked to that texture, we simply sprinkle some green onions with a squeeze of Kewpie Mayo, and roll it up! You can add other toppings in there to you liking like furikake, dried seaweed, fish flakes, etc and it will all come out great!
And there you go, you have your some breakfast egg rolls that are delicious and a great choice to add into your breakfast plan to save yourself those precious AM minutes!
For this one, the special ingredients are Kewpie Mayo, Swerve/Monkfruit and Soy Sauce all which can both be picked up on Amazon or a local Asian supermarket. Note – we strongly recommend using Kewpie Mayo for this recipe, other Mayo like Hellman’s or Bestfood will not offer the same taste.
Now, let’s get started!Prepping Time 1M
Cook Time 5M
Total Time 6M
Net Carb/Serv ~1g
2) Finely chop green onions and set aside.
4) Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium-low heat and spray cooking oil. Directly after (no need to preheat), slowly pour egg mix into medium-sized skillet and sprinkle in chopped green onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes until eggs are no longer runny.
5) Add squeeze of Kewpie Mayo to cover eggs. With a spatula or 2, carefully fold over one side to a form roll and continue rolling up the egg. Cut into 2 and transfer to serving plate.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Japanese Breakfast Egg Roll Ups!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Japanese Breakfast Egg Roll Up
- 2 Eggs Eggs
- 1 Stalk Green Onions
- 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Swerve or Monkfruit
- 1 tbsp Kewpie Mayo
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Finely chop green onions and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, crack eggs, mix in soy sauce and Swerve or Monkfruit. Combine well and set aside.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium-low heat and spray cooking oil. Directly after (no need to preheat), slowly pour egg mix into medium-sized skillet and sprinkle in chopped green onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes until eggs are no longer runny.
- Add squeeze of Kewpie mayo to cover eggs. With a spatula or 2, carefully fold over one side to a form roll and continue rolling up the egg. Cut into 2 and transfer to serving plate.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*