Jump to Recipe
We always enjoy having side dishes with our meals, especially ones that you can make quickly along with your entree. Usually, we make some kind of green salad, but when we have leftover eggs from breakfast laying around, this Japanese Egg Salad is our go-to recipe. It is super easy to make and absolutely delicious! It tastes like a sandwich in a bowl and who doesn’t like sandwiches? So next time you have leftover eggs in your fridge, give this recipe a go!!
This dish as pictured is keto friendly at ~2g per serving! This dish brings creamy goodness of eggs paired with the crunchy texture of the cucumbers.
For this recipe, the only special ingredients you would need is Kewpie mayo, which you can pick up on Amazon or a local Asian supermarket. You can use American mayo like Hellman’s or Best Foods, however the salad will be less creamy and not as balanced. Also, I recommend using either Persian or Japanese cucumbers. American cucumbers do not offer the same crunchy texture.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 5M
Cooking time 15M
Total Time 20M
Net Carb/Serv ~2g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Prepare hard boiled eggs cooked well. Read how to make easy peel hard boiled eggs here.
3) Cut cucumber into 1/4 x 1/4 inch cube and set aside.
4) Cut deli ham/turkey into 1/4 x 1/4 inch bites and set aside.
6) Finely chop optional green onions and sprinkle on top. Serve in a bowl or on optional Romaine Lettuce.
Hope you enjoy this traditional Keto Japanese Egg Salad!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive Ketolife discussion & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Japanese Egg Salad
- 2 Eggs Hard Boiled Eggs
- 3 tbsp Kewpie Mayo
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Slice Deli Ham/Turkey
- 1/4 Whole Persian or Japanese Cucumber
- 1/2 Stalk Green Onion
- 2-3 Leaves Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Prepare hard boiled eggs cooked well. Read how to make easy peel hard boiled eggs here.
- Cut cucumber into 1/4 x 1/4 inch cube and set aside.
- Cut deli ham/turkey into 1/4 x 1/4 inch bites and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, smash eggs with a fork into fine pieces. Add cucumber, deli ham, Kewpie mayo, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Finely chop optional green onions and sprinkle on top. Serve in a bowl or on optional Romaine Lettuce.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*