Some of you may have heard of a popular hibachi restaurant called Benihana. It happens to be one of our favorite dinner spots especially for special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. They also happen to serve one of my favorite salad dressings, the ginger dressing.
When we first started this blog, I knew this was one of the recipes I had to ketofy and put on the site but it took me a while to figure it out.
After a few batches and taste testing by our wonderful family members, we are now ready to share this delicious salad dressing here on LCA!
This recipe is low-carb/keto friendly at ~5g of net carbs for the entire batch, which will serve around 8-12 salads.
We would describe the taste as gingery, oniony, tangy, and creamy goodness!
For this recipe, the special ingredients you would need to pick up are Rice Vinegar, Sugar-Free Ketchup, Soy Sauce, and Monkfruit/Swerve. You can pick up most of these on Amazon or a local Asian supermarket.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 5M
Total Time 5M
Net Carb/Serv ~0.5g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Peel skin off ginger and set aside.
3) Cut onion into 1/3 and set aside.
4) In a food processor or blender, add in all the ingredients and pulse until evenly blended.
5) Serve on top of your favorite salad greens.
Hope you enjoy our Keto Japanese Ginger Salad Dressing!!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive Ketolife discussion & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Japanese Ginger Salad Dressing
- 1/3 Whole Onion
- 2 Inch Ginger
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Sugar-Free Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Monkfruit, Swerve or Sweetener of Choice
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Peel skin off ginger and set aside.
- Cut onion into 1/3 and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add in all the ingredients and pulse until evenly blended.
- Serve on top of your favorite salad greens.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*