If you love that salad dressing they serve at Japanese restaurants, then this keto low carb wafu salad dressing is for you!
‘Wafu’ in Japanese literally translates to ‘Japanese style’, so when you hear wafu dressing, it means Japanese style dressing.
Simple right? Well, the ingredients in this addicting dressing are also quite simple consisting of only a few ingredients .
Standard wafu dressing consists of soy sauce, rice vinegar, mirin (sweet Japanaese sake) and some kind of oil.
But for this recipe, we changed it up a bit while still keeping true to that addicting wafu taste.
The inspiration for this wafu dressing actually came from the Japanese family restaurant which I used to work at during my teenage years.
It was a really popular among all the customers there and to this day, is probably one of my favorite dressing for all kinds of things!
And while keeping the dressing as authentic as possible, we also tweaked the recipe to make it as low-carb/keto as possible. Very little changes were made from the original recipe so I’ m sure you are going to love this Japanese wafu dressing!
For this dish, the special ingredients you would need are Ponzu, Toasted Sesame Seeds, Swerve/Monkfruit and Japanese sake. All these can be picked up on Amazon (aside from Japanese sake) or a local Asian/specialty Supermarket.
Note – for the Ponzu, we actually recommend using Mizkan Ponzu but the ones on Amazon are way over priced. So if you can, just pick it up at a local Asian supermarket for a much more reasonable price.
Now, what are you waiting for? Let’s get dressin!
Prepping Time 5M
Total Time 5M
Net Carb/Serving ~3g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Cut about 1/8 of the onion and set aside.
4) In a food processor or blender, add in all the ingredients and pulse until evenly blended.
5) Serve on top of your favorite salad greens.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Japanese Wafu Salad Dressing!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Low Carb Japanese Wafu Salad Dressing
- 3 tbsp Ponzu
- 1 tbsp Japanese Sake
- 1 tbsp Chopped Onion about 1/8 of Onion
- 2 tsp Swerve/Monkfruit
- 1/4 tsp Neutral Oil no taste
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Cut about 1/8 of the onion and set aside.
- In a stove top pot or Teflon frying pan, add Japanese sake and bring to boil. Let it boil for 15 seconds, remove from heat and then set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add in all the ingredients and pulse until evenly blended.
- Serve on top of your favorite salad greens.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*