Make delicious world famous burnt basque cheesecake keto style in the comfort of your own home. This ultra creamy, crustless cheesecake is surprisingly easy to make and impossible to mess up.
When I first saw people making this beautiful, rustic looking cheesecake, I was immediately intrigued.
Typically, cheesecake is supposed to look perfect, without cracks, browning or imperfections. This burnt basque cheesecake breaks all the rules and I love it!
Unlike traditional cheesecake, burnt basque cheesecake is baked quickly and at a high temperature giving you that rustic, burnt look while adding that amazing caramelizing flavor.
It’s a cheesecake that is meant to rise and fall, along with cracks and burnt edges.
This cheesecake is my new go-to easy cheesecake recipe to make for family gatheringd or when I need a quick dessert to bring to a dinner party.
It’s such an impressive looking cheesecake that looks like it took a lot more effort than it actually did. Don’t worry, we will keep this secret to ourselves!
What is keto basque burnt cheesecake?
Keto basque burnt cheesecake is a low carb gluten free version of the famous cheesecake that’s become famous around the world. It’s a crustless cheesecake that’s light, yet rich and creamy and cooked quickly at a high temperature creating burnt edges and an overall rustic look.
What’s almond flour?
Almond flour is a great low carb, keto and gluten free alternative to wheat flour. It is made from blanched almonds that are ground and sifted into a fine flour.
What kind of keto sweetener should I use for basque cheesecake?
I recommend Monkfruit or a sugar alternative that measures 1 to 1 to ensure correct measurements.
One thing I’ve learned after living a low carb lifestyle for so many years is that everyone has different preferences when it comes to sweetness, especially when using different sweeteners. So I suggest adding more or less depending on your preference.
Any tips to make keto basque cheesecake?
Since this is an ‘impossible to mess up’ cheesecake, the only tip I have is to have your ingredients such as cream cheese, eggs, at room temperature to ensure a smooth batter.
Looking for another low carb and keto cheesecake?
Check out our keto Japanese fluffy cheesecake here.
We also recently partnered up with Wholesome Yum and their awesome line up of keto & low carb Besti brand products! So if you’re interested in giving them a try, make sure to use the code lowcarbingasian for 10% percent off your entire order! The code also has unlimited use, so make sure you remember it for future orders!
Now, let’s get baking some Keto Basque Burnt Cheesecake!
- Prepping Time 10M
- Baking Time 35M
- Cooling Time 1H
- Total Time 1H45M
- Net Carb/Slice ~3g
- Servings 8
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Preheat oven to 400F.
4) Add in only one egg and then mix until smooth. Add in the 2nd egg and mix until smooth. Repeat until all the eggs are used.
5) Add in heavy cream, Vanilla Extract and mix until smooth. About 30 seconds.
6) Lastly, add in Almond Flour and mix until smooth, about 30 seconds.
7) Line a 6 inch cake pan with parchment paper as shown below. Pour cheesecake mixture.
8) Bake in the center of the oven for 40-45 minutes or until top is dark brown and center is jiggly.
9) Once removed from oven, you can let cheesecake cool to room temperature (~1 hour) for a jiggly texture or refrigerate it for a firmer custard like texture.
Hope you enjoy your wholesome Keto Basque Burnt Cheesecake!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of keto inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- 16 oz Cream Cheese softened, place in microwave for 10-15 seconds to quicken the process
- 1/2 Cup Monkfruit
- 3 Eggs room temp
- 1/4 Cup Besti Almond Flour or Almond Flour of Choice code lowcarbingasian for 10% off
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 6 x 3 Inch Cake Pan
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese with Monkfruit or sweetener of choice. Use a stand or hand mixer and mix until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add in only one egg and then mix until smooth. Add in the 2nd egg and mix until smooth. Repeat until all the eggs are used.
- Add in heavy cream, Vanilla Extract and mix until smooth. About 30 seconds.
- Lastly, add in Almond Flour and mix until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Line a 6 inch cake pan with parchment paper as shown below. Pour cheesecake mixture.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 40-45 minutes or until top is dark brown and center is jiggly.
- Once removed from oven, you can let cheesecake cool to room temperature (~1 hour) for a jiggly texture or refrigerate it for a firmer custard like texture.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*