Here we go again! It’s our never ending journey to make fruit sauces out of all fruits that are low-carb/keto friendly and today’s fruit happens to be sponsored by our kids with this Keto Blackberry Sauce!
A couple of weeks ago, they insisted on buying a Costco size tray of blackberries! We knew there was no way they’d get through it all, but they threw the ‘please, its healthy right?’ card at us….sooo…how could we resist?
Fast forward 10 days later, the carton was still sitting in our fridge and we needed to make use of them somehow. It’d been a while since we made any fruit sauces, so we figured it would be a good time to use them up and at least preserve them.
An hour later, out comes this dark pearl blue fruit sauce that just blew my expectations! It’s not too sweet and has a nice balanced berry profile, a welcomed addition to our fruit sauce collection! Now, one low-carb/keto fruit down and many more to go!
This sauce carries the jam sweetness up front with subtle flavors of blackberry showing up near the end of the profile. It’s subtle but well balanced to leave you wanting more and more!
Coming in at ~1g net carbs per tbsp, it’s definitely keto friendly as far as fruit sauces are concerned!
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 2M
Cooking Time 11-14M
Total Time 13-16M
Net Carb/tbsp ~1g
Servings 1/3 Cup
1) Gather all the ingredients.
3) Cook on medium heat until water is boiling, then turn down to low, stirring often and crushing blackberries with a soft spatula until a nice syrupy sauce forms. Roughly 11-14 minutes. Set aside cool down. Tip– Freeze in ice cube trays and keep in ziplock for easy single portion use. It will also hold in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Blackberry Sauce!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Blackberry Sauce
- 1 Cup Blackberry
- 2 tbsp Monkfruit, Swerve or Sweetener of Choice
- 1 tsp Water
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, add blackberries, Swerve/Monkfruit, and 1 tsp of water. Note - you may need to add an extra 1/2 tbsp of Swerve/Monkfruit depending on how ripe your blackberries are.
- Cook on medium heat until water is boiling, then turn down to low, stirring often and crushing blackberries with a soft spatula until a nice syrupy sauce forms. Roughly 11-14 minutes. Set aside cool down. Tip- Freeze in ice cube trays and keep in ziplock for easy single portion use. It will also hold in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*