Jump to Recipe
Looking back at this, I can only smile, but we used to drink a lot of soda. Coca-Cola was our drink of choice and our consumption level was probably 1L a day….each! If you do the carb count on that, it comes out to a 100g or the keto daily limit of 2-5 days (depending on the individual). So when we started this journey, we replaced that with water stat. However, we got bored of water and discovered the SodaStream and carbonated water. Then we went looking to just add a little flavor to the carbonation and discovered Stur – our low carb replacement to soda. I will admit since it is sweetened by stevia, it does have a slight aftertaste but I don’t find it too bad. More so, Stur isn’t loaded with preservatives like potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate. It really is a ‘clean’ product and probably the best I tasted so far. They also have a great product called ‘Stur energy‘, which has caffeine with no sugar. So it would be the go-to energy drink for people interested in a quick energy boost while controlling carbs!
The drink is 100% keto and green approved! So you can have as many glasses as you want to keep you refreshed and bubbly! As for taste profile, I would describe the nose/smell as pretty accurate to what is being labeled on each flavor. On the palate, I would say it is very light and refreshing all the way to a slight stevia aftertaste then to a sweet finish.
For all of our carbonated drinks, we use a SodaStream. If you like carbonation, we recommend it. We used to just buy sparkling mineral water from Trader Joe’s & Costco, but after doing the math, we concluded that we could save a lot of money investing in a SodaStream. They are super easy to use (will provide step-by-step instructions below) and best of all, you can carbonate whatever you like: water, mineral water, spring water, smart water, etc! You will also need Stur to make this drink.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 2M
Total Time 2M
Net Carb/Serv 0g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Pour COLD water of choice into SodaStream bottle (cold otherwise your carbonated water will be warm).
4) Press down on SodaStream device to add carbonation. The one we have has 3 lights with each light representing the amount of carbonation being added. I prefer 1 light, but the choice is up to you.
5) Pour your SodaStream carbonated water into a glass.
6) Add 2 squeezes of Stur from the bottle.
- 12 oz Carbonated Water
- 2 Drops Stur Flavor
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Pour COLD water of choice into SodaStream bottle (cold otherwise your carbonated water will be warm).
- Place SodaStream bottle into the mouth of the SodaStream device and push in to lock it into place.
- Press down on SodaStream device to add carbonation. The one we have has 3 lights with each light representing the amount of carbonation being added. I prefer 1 light, but the choice is up to you.
- Pour your SodaStream carbonated water into a glass.
- Add 2 squeezes of Stur from the bottle.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*