Looking back at this, I can only smile, but we used to drink a lot of soda. Coca-Cola was our drink of choice and our consumption level was probably 1L a day….each!
If you do the carb count on that, it comes out to about 100g of carbs! So when we started low-carb/keto, we looked for a replacement ASAP!
That’s when we discovered Stur – our low-carb/keto sparkling soda replacement to traditional soda. I’ll admit since it’s sweetened by stevia, it does have a slight aftertaste but I don’t find it too bad.
More so, Stur isn’t loaded with preservatives like potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate unlike other water enhancers on the market. It’s an ‘organic’ product and probably the best tasting one out of the bunch I’ve had!
They also have a great product called ‘Stur energy‘, which contains caffeine extracted from tea leaves without any of the sugar. So if you’re a fan of energy drinks, that’s something definitely worth looking into!
The drink is 100% low-carb/keto friendly as it contains 0 carbs! So you can have as many glasses as you want to keep you refreshed and feeling bubbly!
I would say the taste is pretty much spot on with the flavor that’s on the label. It’s very light and refreshing and nothing too over-powering.
As with all of our carbonated drinks, we use a SodaStream. If you like carbonation, we recommend it. We used to just buy sparkling mineral water from Trader Joe’s & Costco, but after doing the math, we concluded that we’d save a lot of money investing in a SodaStream.
They are super easy to use (will provide step-by-step instructions below) and best of all, you can carbonate whatever you like: water, mineral water, spring water, smart water, etc!
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 2M
Total Time 2M
Net Carb/Serv 0g
- 8oz Carbonated Water
- 1 Squeeze of Stur
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) If using a SodaStream, pour COLD water into a Sodastream bottle, otherwise skip to step 5). Place SodaStream bottle into the mouth of the SodaStream device and push in to lock it into place. Press down on SodaStream device to add carbonation. The one we have has 3 lights with each light representing the amount of carbonation being added. I prefer 1 light, but the choice is up to you.
3) Pour carbonated water into glass.
4) Add 4-5 squeezes of Stur into a serving glass.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Sparkling Soda!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Sparkling Soda
- 8 oz Carbonated Water
- 4-5 Drops Stur
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Pour COLD water of choice into Sodastream bottle (otherwise, your carbonated drink will be warm).
- Place SodaStream bottle into the mouth of the SodaStream device and push in to lock it into place. Press down on SodaStream device to add carbonation. The one we have has 3 lights with each light representing the amount of carbonation being added. I prefer 1 light, but the choice is up to you. Pour your SodaStream carbonated water into a glass.
- Add 4-5 squeezes of Stur.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*