All board! The next stop on this chaffle train express is our newly created chicken cauliflower chaffle!
I know, it’s a lame opening but I bet you can’t say that 3 times really fast without your tongue getting lost somewhere in your mouth!
Anyway getting back to the recipe, it seems that chaffles are the new low-carb/keto craze and since we’re a website focused on low-carb/keto Asian inspired recipes, we thought we’d create a chaffle recipe based on just that.
So this all started with the idea of making our Japanese Beef Garlic Fried Rice into a chaffle and after a couple of test batches…let’s just say it was vetoed pretty quickly.
Way too salty and no depth in the flavors.
From there, we started to take away ingredients to balance out the flavors and adjusted ingredient ratios.
After about 2 hours of testing and multiple test batches, out came this chaffle brimming of chicken umami flavors. The flavors are nothing too overpowering, making it an ideal choice for a quick and light lunch!
When we started LCA, if you ever told us that we would be making a chicken cauliflower waffle, I probably would’ve laughed!
But here we’re doing just that and you know what, it came out pretty good! Like Mr. Gump once said, ‘…you never know what you’re gonna get”!
This chaffle will run ~2g net carbs per waffle, so ~6g net carbs for the entire serving. 3 waffles is filling enough for me, but mileage may vary depending on the individual.
For this dish, the special ingredients you would need are Soy Sauce and White Pepper, which you can get on Amazon or at a local supermarket. You will also need a waffle maker. We use the Dash Mini Waffle Maker because it makes the perfect size waffles, but any waffle maker will do. You also can use precooked chicken if you want but will alter the taste.
Note – If you are preparing multiple servings, we would recommend using 2 Dash Mini Waffle Maker simultaneously to reduce the cooking time.
Now if you’re ready, let’s rock!Prepping Time 5M
Cooking Time 9M
Total Time 14M
Net Carb/Waffle ~2g
Servings 3 Waffles
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Dice chicken thigh into 1/4″ x 1/4″ cubes and set aside.
5) Plug-in Dash Mini Waffle Maker to pre-heat.
6) Place about 1/8 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese on to the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, followed by ~1/3 of the egg mixture (enough to cover the iron) and another 1/8 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese on top. Close lid and cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Repeat for as many waffles you are making.
7) While waiting for the chaffles to cook, slice/chop green onions and set aside. Once chaffles are done, sprinkle chopped green onions on top and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Chicken Cauliflower Chaffle!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Chicken Cauliflower Chaffle
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Diced Chicken Thigh about 1 small bone-less thigh
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp White Pepper
- 1/4 Stalk Green Onion
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Dice chicken thigh into 1/4" x 1/4" cubes and set aside.
- Grind garlic with a grinder or a garlic press and set side.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg and then mix in diced chicken, cauliflower rice, garlic, Soy Sauce and a dash of black pepper and White Pepper. Once all ingredients are mixed, set aside.
- Plug-in Dash Mini Waffle Maker to pre-heat.
- Place about 1/8 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese on to the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, followed by ~1/3 of the egg mixture (enough to cover the iron) and another 1/8 cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese on top. Close lid and cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Repeat for as many waffles you are making.
- While waiting for the chaffles to cook, slice/chop green onions and set aside. Once chaffles are done, sprinkle chopped green onions on top and enjoy!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*