Coffee Jelly is one of those desserts I used to always order when I went to Japanese restaurants. It’s light and not overly sweet which makes it the perfect after dinner dessert!
Although you can find pre-made coffee jelly in most Japanese markets, most are packed with sugar. So if I wanted some, I would have to venture out and make my own low-carb/keto friendly version!
The base of coffee jelly is very simple. Get some coffee, gelatin and sweeter and mix it all together and let it cool down.
You can use espresso for the coffee but I instead used syphon brewed coffee, which still delivered the strong wonderful coffee aroma that is so distinguished in coffee jelly.
Coffee jelly can be enjoyed as is or even better with half and half, heavy cream, and or whipped cream on the top. My preference is half and half and whipped cream but any of the above would complement the dessert very well!
Either way, this dessert is super simple and easy to make!
So if you’re ready, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 15M
Cooling Time 4H
Total Time 4H15M
Net Carb/Serv 0g
Servings 4 Cups
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Mix Gelatin with 4 tbsp of water in a mixing small bowl.
4) Pour coffee mixture into serving glass and refrigerator for 4 hours or until firm.
5) Top with half and half, heavy cream, and or whipped cream.
Enjoy low-carb/keto Coffee Jelly dessert!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
- 2 Cups Strong Hot Brewed Coffee or Espresso
- 1 tbsp Gelatin 2 envelopes
- 4 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Swerve/Monkfruit
- 1 tbsp Half and Half and/or Whipped Cream optional
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Mix gelatin with water in a mixing small bowl.
- Add Swerve/Monkfruit and gelatin mix into hot coffee.
- Pour coffee mixture into serving glass and refrigerator for 4 hours or until firm.
- Top with half and half, heavy cream, and or whipped cream.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*