Japanese Coffee Jelly is a beloved dessert in Japan, often found in restaurants, cafes and convenience stores. This treat involves creating sweetener coffee-flavored gelatin, which is then adorned with cream, typically half and half or whipped cream.
The recipe is delightfully straightforward, requiring just four ingredients and a mere five minutes of prep time, making it a quick and popular choice.
How to make Japanese Coffee Jelly?
- Mix gelatin powder and water in a small bowl. Pour this gelatin mixture with hot brewed coffee and sweetener in a cup and whisk until well-blended.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and refrigerate for about four hours until it becomes firm.
- Serve with half and half and, if desired, whipped cream.
What ingredients do I need to make coffee jelly?
- Coffee – strong bold brewed coffee from your preferred brewing method or shot of espresso mixed with water equivalent. French and Italian roasts coffee beans work best. You can also use instant coffee.
- Gelatin – unflavored Gelatin used to make jelly. Can be found at your local supermarket.
- Sweetener – use your preferred sweetener.
- Half and Half – 50/50 blend of milk and heavy cream found at grocery stores.
You can also use Americano as your base coffee, which consists of an espresso shot filled with water to make a cup.
How to store leftovers?
Place it in an airtight container or cover it with plastic wrap, and keep it in the fridge. It will stay fresh and delicious for 10-14 days, making it a convenient treat to enjoy over time.
Looking for other coffee dessert recipes?
- Cream Cheese Foam Coffee
- Coffee Chia Seed Pudding
- Starbucks Copycat Coffee Frappuccino
- Vietnamese Egg Coffee
- Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee
Japanese Coffee Jelly
- 2 Cups Strong Hot Brewed Coffee or espresso equivalent, 2 shots of espresso plus water
- 1 tbsp Gelatin 1/4 oz envelope
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Sweetener your preferred sweetener
- 1 tbsp Half and Half and/or Whipped Cream optional
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Mix gelatin with water in a mixing small bowl.
- Add sweetener and gelatin mix into hot coffee.
- Pour coffee mixture into serving glass and refrigerator for 4 hours or until firm.
- Top with half and half, heavy cream, and or whipped cream.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*