Japanese restaurant style Coffee Jelly is a delicious after dinner dessert consisting of sweetened coffee flavored gelatin and served with cold cream.
Coffee jelly is a very popular dessert in many Japanese restaurants. It’s usually served chilled in a glass vessel or cut into cubes, then served with cream, half and half, or whipped cream.
Our version is made to be light, not overly sweet and served with half and half and a dollop of whip cream.
It’s a nice and simple Japanese dessert recipe that goes well at the end of any meal!
What is Japanese Coffee Jelly?
Gelatin is made from strong brewed coffee or espresso, then topped with various creams such as heavy cream, half and half and or whipped cream.
What is monkfruit and why do you use it instead of sugar?
Monkfruit is a blend of erythritol and monkfruit. We use it in place of sugar to keep this delicious dessert low carb and keto friendly.
Can I make coffee jelly in batches?
Coffee jelly can last up to a week in the refrigerator and can be made in single cup servings or a dish and served in cubes.
Do you have any tips and tricks on making this Coffee Jelly recipe?
- Make sure to brew very strong coffee to ensure a strong and flavorful coffee gelatin flavor.
- You can adjust the sweetener to your preference.
- If you can’t find half and half, you can use heavy cream as well.
Did you have other Japanese dessert recipes I can try?
- Matcha Keto Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Matcha Cream Cheese Macadamia White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Matcha Jelly
- Keto Mason Jar Matcha Ice Cream
- Full Collection of Keto Dessert Recipes
Let’s get making this traditional Japanese desert recipe in coffee jelly!
- Prepping Time 15M
- Cooling Time 4H
- Total Time 4H15M
- Net Carb/Serv 0g
- Servings 4 Cups
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Mix Gelatin with 4 tbsp of water in a mixing small bowl.
4) Pour coffee mixture into serving glass and refrigerator for 4 hours or until firm.
5) Top with half and half, heavy cream, and or whipped cream.
Enjoy Japanese Coffee Jelly dessert!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
- 2 Cups Strong Hot Brewed Coffee or Espresso
- 1 tbsp Gelatin 2 envelopes
- 4 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Monkfruit Erythritol Blend
- 1 tbsp Half and Half and/or Whipped Cream optional
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Mix gelatin with water in a mixing small bowl.
- Add Monkfruit Erythritol Blend and gelatin mix into hot coffee.
- Pour coffee mixture into serving glass and refrigerator for 4 hours or until firm.
- Top with half and half, heavy cream, and or whipped cream.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*