A sweet cream cheese chaffle that’s light, fluffy and delicious. Made with low carb and keto friendly ingredients, this healthy chaffle recipe with cream cheese is the perfect breakfast for any day of the week.
These keto friendly cream cheese waffles taste just like traditional waffles with less than half of the carbs. With a lightly sweet flavor and soft texture.
What are Cream Cheese Chaffles?
Cream cheese chaffles are waffles made using almond flour, cream cheese, sweetener and other keto friendly ingredients. They are perfect for a low carb breakfast or dessert topped with syrup, whipped cream, and or fresh berries.
Are chaffles keto?
Chaffles are keto because they are made with only low carb ingredients so you won’t break your diet enjoying these delicious waffles.
Why are my chaffles not crispy?
These chaffles have a soft texture and are not usually crispy. If you prefer crispy waffles, I suggest making a traditional savory chaffle using egg and shredded cheese.
What is the difference between a chaffle and a waffle?
A chaffle is a waffle made from cheese and egg.
Traditional waffles are made using wheat flour, and other ingredients.
What ingredients do I need to make cream cheese chaffles?
- Coconut Flour – some sweet chaffle recipes use almond flour, we found that coconut flour produces a softer waffle texture.
- Sweetener – Monkfruit Erythritol Blend or sweetener of choice.
- Baking Powder – this helps the chaffles rise.
- Egg – beaten egg at room temperature.
- Cream Cheese – block cream cheese at room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract – made from vanilla bean pods and adds a nice vanilla flavor to the chaffles.
How do you make cream cheese chaffle?
The easiest way to make cream cheese chaffles are to place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Place a couple of tablespoons of batter into mini waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
Top with your choice of maple syrup, peanut butter, whipped cream, sugar free chocolate chips, and or fruit.
Can you use a regular waffle iron to make chaffles?
You can use any type of waffle iron to make chaffles. We prefer the Dash mini waffle maker to make perfect-sized chaffles with easy cleanup.
What is the nutrition information for this cream cheese chaffle recipe?
- 73 Calories
- 4g Carbohydrates
- 2g Fiber
- 2g Protein
- 6g Fat
- 17mg Cholesterol
- 118mg Sodium
- 20mg Potassium
- 48mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
- 190ui Vitamin A
- 0mg Vitamin C
Looking for other sweet cream cheese chaffle recipes?
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Chaffles
- Strawberry Shortcake Chaffles
- Lemon Cake Chaffles
- Blueberry Chaffles
- McGriddle Chaffles
Now, let’s get making these Cream Cheese Chaffles!
- Prepping Time 3M
- Cooking Time 8M
- Total Time 11M
- Net Carb/Waffle ~2g
- Servings 2 Waffles
1) Gather all the ingredients. Note – For quick room temperature eggs, submerge egg in warm water for 3-5 min. For quick room temperature cream cheese, take amount needed and microwave for 10-15 sec.
2) Pre-heat waffle iron.
4) Next, add egg, cream cheese, Vanilla Extract and mix with a whisk until well combined.
5) Pour batter into waffle iron and cook for 3-4 min until browned to liking. Enjoy with your favorite waffle toppings.
Hope you enjoy your Cream Cheese Chaffles!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Cream Cheese Chaffles
- 2 tsp Coconut Flour
- 4 tsp Sweetener monkfruit erythritol blend or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Whole Egg room temp
- 1 oz Cream Cheese room temp
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Gather all the ingredients. Note - For quick room temperature eggs, submerge egg in warm water for 3-5 min. For quick room temperature cream cheese, take needed amount and microwave for 10-15 sec.
- Pre-heat waffle iron.
- In a small mixing bowl, add Coconut Flour, sweetener, baking powder and mix.
- Next, add egg, cream cheese, vanilla extract and mix with a whisk until well combined.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook for 3-4 min until browned to liking. Enjoy with your favorite waffle toppings.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*