These super easy to make Keto Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Cookies are for all the peanut butter lovers out there! They’re smooth, creamy, ultra peanuty and best of all, it uses only four ingredients!
There are so many awesome keto peanut butter recipes out there already that I never thought about creating one myself.
This recipe actually came about on accident while I was trying to make a peanut butter frosting.
I noticed that when mixing the peanut butter and cream cheese together, it created a dough like consistency without any use of flour, so I baked it to see how it would turn out.
To my surprise, a delicious ultra peanut buttery cookie was born!
I couldn’t believe how easy it was to create a keto, cream cheese, peanut butter cookie using only a few ingredients which is why I decided to share this recipe with you all!
Does it really only take four ingredients to make keto peanut butter cookies?
In the past, I have tried making peanut butter cookies with different low carb ingredients like almond or coconut flour but they always turned out dry and not very tasty.
Is peanut butter keto?
Yes, peanut butter is pretty keto and low carb friendly. However many peanut butter brands contain add in sugar, make sure you purchase peanut butter with no sugar added.
Why use cream cheese inside these keto peanut butter cookies?
Not only does cream cheese make these peanut butter cookies ultra creamy, but it also acts as a binder making this recipe egg free.
Why is it important to cool down these keto cream cheese peanut butter cookies before handling?
Because we use cream cheese as a binder, the cream cheese needs time to properly harden back up to bind the cookies. To speed up this process, we freeze them until they’ve hardened enough to handle. You also can wait for it to cool down room temp, but that could take upwards of 1-2 hours.
How long and where do you store these cream cheese based cookies?
We recommend storing them in the fridge so the cream cheese stays hardened. They’ll hold in the refrigerator for up to a week. They taste great cold straight from the fridge, but if you prefer warm soft cookies, just microwave them for a few seconds.
I have to add that because these keto peanut butter cookies are made up entirely of peanut butter and cream cheese, they’re very soft. So make the cooling directions are followed to a tee, otherwise they’ll crumble on you.
Now, let’s get baking some Keto Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Cookies!
Prepping Time 5M
Cooking Time 10M
Cooling Time 15M
Total Time 30M
Net Carb/Cookie ~2g
Servings 12 Cookies
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Preheat oven to 325F.
4) Roll the dough into 1 inch size balls and place on a silicone baking mat or greased baking sheet.
5) Press down the dough balls using your palm of your hand to roughly 1/4 inch thickness. You could then optionally press down a fork to make aesthetic designs on the cookies.
6) Bake at 325 F for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to slightly brown. Once done, let cookies rest for 5 minutes.
7) Carefully use a spatula to transfer cookies to a new tray/plate. Note – Cookies are still very soft at this point, so handle with care.
8) Place cookies into the freezer and freeze for 10-12 minutes until hardened to handle. These are soft cookies so enjoy with care at room temp. Note – you can skip the freezing but will need to wait ~60 minutes for cookies to cool to room temp.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb Keto Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Cookies!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of keto and low carb recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 Cup Sugar Free Peanut Butter
- 6 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 Cup Monkfruit or Sweetener of Choice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Use a large mixing bowl to combine Sugar Free Peanut Butter, cream cheese, Monkfruit, and Vanilla Extract. Use a spoon or a hand mixer to combine dough together.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch size balls and place on a silicone baking mat or greased baking sheet.
- Press down the dough balls using your palm of your hand to roughly 1/4 inch thickness. You could then optionally press down a fork to make aesthetic designs on the cookies.
- Bake at 325 F for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to slightly brown. Once done, let cookies rest for 5 minutes.
- Carefully use a spatula to transfer cookies to a new tray/plate. Note - Cookies are still very soft at this point, so handle with care.
- Place cookies into the freezer and freeze for 10 - 12 minutes until hardened to handle. Enjoy at room temp. Note - you can skip the freezing but will need to wait ~60 minutes for cookies to cool to room temp.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*