This keto cream corn potage or Japanese corn soup is a sweet and creamy bowl of heaven! You get all the comforting flavors of this classic soup without the carbs!
Corn potage, or Japanese corn soup as some call it, is hands down my favorite soup of all time!
I first tried it at a Japanese curry restaurant and I’ve been hooked since.
Something about the sweet and creamy soup with bits of corn, I just can’t get enough!
And the best part of this soup is that it’s so easy to make and with very few ingredients required. Win-win for everyone!
What’s keto cream corn potage soup?
We took the traditional flavors of Japanese corn potage and made it keto friendly by using baby canned corn rather than regular corn which has quite a few carbs. After pulsing the baby corn in the food processor, we added it to chicken broth, heavy cream, monkfruit, butter, salt and xanthan gum to thicken it up a bit.
What’s the difference between potage and chowder?
Potage means a thick soup while chowder is more like a stew containing chunks of potatoes and meats or seafood.
How do you make a keto friendly sweet cream corn soup?
As mentioned above, regular kernel corn contains quite a few carbs at around 41g per cup. However, baby canned corn only contains 6g carbs per cup so we put it in a food processor and used it as an alternative in the cream corn soup.
What other keto low carb soup recipes can you recommend?
You’ll also need a food processor to breakdown the baby corn.
Now, let’s get making some Keto Cream Corn Potage Soup!
- Prepping Time 1M
- Cook Time 4M
- Total Time 5M
- Net Carb/Serving ~1g
- Servings 6
1) Gather all the ingredients.
Hope you enjoy your Keto Cream Corn Potage Soup!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of keto inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Cream Corn Potage Soup
- 29 oz Chicken Broth 14.5oz x 2
- 14 oz Baby Corn
- 2 tbsp Monkfruit
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/8 tsp Xanthan Gum
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Drain the Baby Corn, rinse in cold water and then place it into a food processor along with the Monkfruit. Pulse until the corn is broken into smaller chunks as picture shown below.
- Add chicken broth into a large stove top pot and bring to a soft boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low, add in baby corn Baby Corn and cook for 1 minute until corn is softened.
- Next add in heavy cream, salt, butter and Xanthan Gum. Mix well until Xanthan Gum fully dissolves and then transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy hot!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*