Creamy Coconut Hot Chocolate is a delightful and indulgent beverage that combines the creamy richness of full-fat coconut milk with the deep, chocolatey flavor of hot cocoa powder. With its velvety texture and enticing aroma, it is a comforting and delicious treat that will warm you up from the inside out.
How to make Creamy Coconut Hot Chocolate?
- Simply add in coconut milk, cocoa powder, sweetener, coconut cream (heavy cream also works if preferred), cinnamon, and a pinch of sea salt into a saucepan and whisk. Warm on medium-low heat to preferred temperature, top with whipped cream, and serve. Stir to combine if desired.
Feel free to add a couple of drops of vanilla extract, some marshmallows, and chocolate chips for some extra flavors!
What ingredients do I need?
- Coconut Milk – full-fat coconut milk, unsweetened and with no added flavors. Can also use dairy milk or almond milk if preferred
- Cocoa Powder – unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- Sweetener – use your preferred sweetener.
- Coconut Cream – 100% non-blended full-fat coconut cream. Usually comes in a can.
- Cinnamon – ground 100% cinnamon.
- Salt – sea salt preferred.
Can you make hot chocolate with other non-dairy milks?
- Unsweetened Almond Milk,
- Soy Milk
- Oat Milk
- Coconut Milk
Whether you’re vegan, lactose intolerant, or simply looking to explore different flavors, making hot chocolate with non-dairy milks opens up a world of possibilities.
Looking for other hot drink recipes I could try?
Creamy Coconut Hot Chocolate
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Using a stove top pot, add Coconut Milk, Cocoa Powder, sweetener, coconut cream, cinnamon, and sea salt. Mix well and heat to preferred drinking temperature on medium-low heat. Note - do not let it boil.
- Transfer to a heat resistant cup and enjoy warm.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*