Who doesn’t like garlic butter? And better yet, garlic butter shrimp? I was really in the mood for seafood because well, being low-carb/keto, you can only eat so much chicken, beef, and pork before you’re like, “ENOUGH!”
If you sometimes feel like I do, then please enjoy this Shrimp Asparagus in Garlic Butter!
This is a pretty classic recipe except for a few ingredients swaps we made. The garlic butter isn’t anything new, but we added some Yuzu to give it a little Asian flair on the dish!
For those that aren’t familiar with Yuzu, it’s a Japanese citrus fruit that tastes like a mix of grapefruit, lemon, and mandarin.
In dishes, it adds a tart citrus-y element similar to that of lemon but with more depth.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a Yuzu tree growing in your backyard. We don’t either!
If you choose to use lemon or limes, the dish will still turn out very good although it won’t have the complexity that Yuzu possesses.
I find that shrimp tastes best when cooked exactly at doneness and not anymore.
When you over cook shrimp it tends to get rubbery and hard to chew.
That’s why we recommend having all the ingredients prepped and ready as this entire cooking process goes pretty quickly.
Lastly, if you’re a super fan of garlic like my family is, you can add more garlic to your liking. If you are not, then feel free to only use one or two cloves.
Either way, with garlic butter you can’t go wrong so let’s get cooking!
Prepping Time 10M
Cook Time 5M
Total Time 15M
Net Carb/Serv ~4g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Peel shrimp if needed and set aside.
3) Cut asparagus into 2″ inch pieces. Set aside.
5) In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and bring up to temp, around 2-3 minutes. Once the oil starts to lightly smoke, place shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until pink.
6) Next add asparagus and cook for 1 minute.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Shrimp Asparagus in Garlic Butter!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Shrimp Asparagus in Garlic Butter Yuzu
- 1 lb Shrimp Peeled
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 5-6 Stalks Asparagus
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Yuzu
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Squeeze
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Peel shrimp and set aside.
- Cut asparagus into 2" inch pieces. Set aside.
- Grind garlic or use a garlic press and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and bring up to temp, around 2-3 minutes. Once the oil starts to lightly smoke, place shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until pink.
- Next add asparagus and cook for 1 minute.
- Add butter and garlic and continue stir-frying until the butter has melted. Once melted, immediately stir in Yuzu and a squeeze of lemon. Combine well and transfer to a serving plate.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*