Why buy sugar-free jello when you can make your own low-carb/keto homemade strawberry jello at home?
Did you know that gelatin, the main ingredient in jello, is actually good for you?
Take away all the sugar and preservatives in store bought-jello and you have yourself a pretty healthy dessert, like this keto low carb homemade strawberry jello!
Gelatin in its purest form is rich in protein and a great source of collagen which is known to improve the skin, nail and hair growth.
It has also been shown to help with joint health and brain function by improving memory and attention.
If losing weight is your goal, then it is also important to mention that gelatin may aid in weight loss because it is basically carb-free and has been shown to reduce appetite and increase feelings of fullness.
Now for all the reasons above, I mean why not eat more Jello? Am I right?
This is why I decided to make a keto strawberry jello using real strawberries that are cooked down and infused into the gelatin for that real strawberry flavor. None of that artificial stuff!
I make a batch every few days and store it in my fridge. When I feel like having something sweet I will cut a block and eat it straight.
To take it to the next level, you could add some whipped cream on top and you have yourself a delicious healthy low-carb/keto dessert! Enjoy!
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 10M
Cooking Time 7M
Cooling Time 3H
Total Time 3H17M
Net Carb/Serv ~4g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) De-stem strawberries and chop loosely.
4) Cook on medium heat until boiling, then turn down to low stirring often. After about 5-7 minutes, lightly crush down the strawberries with a spatula, remove from heat and set aside.
6) Add strawberry sauce and Vanilla Extract place on medium-low heat until lightly steaming then remove from heat. Strain mixture in a very fine mesh strainer and pour mixture into dessert dish or molds. Note – Do not boil.
7) Place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or until firm. Serve with optional whipping cream.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Homemade Strawberry Jello!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Homemade Strawbery Jello
- 2 Cups Strawberries Chopped
- 6 tbsp Swerve/Monkfruit
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Cold Water
- 2 tbsp Gelatin or 2 - 1/4 oz packets
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Gather all the ingredients.
- De-stem strawberries and chop loosely.
- In a small stove top pot, add strawberries, Swerve/Monkfruit, and 2 tbsp of water.
- Cook on medium heat until boiling, then turn down to low stirring often. After about 5-7 minutes, lightly crush down the strawberries with a spatula, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a new medium stove top pot, mix gelatin withcold water until well incorporated.
- Add strawberry sauce and vanilla extract, place on medium-low heat until lightly steaming then remove from heat. Strain mixture in a very fine mesh strainer and pour mixture into dessert dish or molds. Note - Do not boil.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or until firm. Serve with optional whipping cream.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*