Reenergize your morning with a cup of this warm creamy keto matcha latte! We’ll show you how easy it’s to make at home using matcha powder and almond milk or your favorite low carb milk substitute.
If you’ve been following us for some time, you know that we absolutely love matcha everything.
From matcha cookies and cakes to matcha drinks and everything in between. Even my son’s favorite ice cream flavor is matcha.
This is why I wanted to get back to basics and really show you guys how to make a true matcha latte, keto of course!
And if you love matcha like we do, check out our other keto low carb matcha desserts!
What is Matcha?
Matcha is finely ground powder from young green tea leaves that are then whisked in hot water. Not to be confused with green tea leaves, where the leaves are dried and infused in hot water to make green tea.
What are the health benefits of matcha powder?
Matcha has been long reputed for centuries that it possesses stronger health benefits than green tea.
Some of the known health benefits are:
– Matcha is packed with antioxidants.
– Caffeine is more concentrated in matcha and therefore boosts concentration and alertness.
– Theanine in matcha promotes relaxation, reduces stress and improves sleep.
– Boosts metabolism and promotes weightless
– Prevents disease and lowers blood sugar
What kind of matcha powder should I use for keto matcha latte?
There are two main matcha tea grades, ceremonial and culinary. Traditionally, the ceremonial grade is the type used for drinking. This premium matcha is bright green in color and is made from the youngest tea leaves.
However, ceremonial grade matcha is very pricey and because of this, it is perfectly fine to use culinary grade for drinking as well. Honestly, I don’t taste a big difference.
What is the difference between keto and non-keto matcha latte?
Traditional, matcha latte is made with milk. Keto or low carb matcha latte is made with low carb milk alternatives such as almond or coconut milk. I prefer almond milk because of its neutral taste, but feel free to use your favorite low carb milk alternative. And of course, we sub out the sugar with a keto low carb sweetener like monkfruit.
Do I use sweetener for my keto matcha latte?
Using a sweetener is not necessary for this keto matcha latte. If you prefer you can leave it out. I prefer my matcha lattes to be slightly sweet so I add some to my liking.
Now, let’s get feeling warm with some hot keto matcha latte!
- Prep Time 1M
- Total Time 1M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Servings 1
1) Gather all the ingredients.
3) Combine Almond Milk and heavy cream into a microwaveable safe cup and transfer to microwave for ~60 seconds until warmed.
4) Pour warmed Almond Milk and heavy cream slowly and whisk until well combined. Enjoy warm!
Hope you enjoy your low-carb keto hot matcha latte!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Hot Matcha Latte
- 1/2 tsp Matcha Powder
- 1 tbsp Monkfruit
- 3 tbsp Hot Water
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a heat resistant cup, add Matcha Powder, Monkfruit and hot water. Whisk until liquid turns dark green. Note - you can just use a metal whisk if you don't have wooden matcha whisk.
- Combine Almond Milk and heavy cream into a microwaveable safe cup and transfer to microwave for ~60 seconds until warmed.
- Pour warmed Almond Milk and heavy cream slowly and whisk until well combined. Enjoy warm!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*