This Japanese strawberry milk smoothie is made with fresh strawberries giving it a fresh and natural strawberry flavor that’s both delicious and so refreshing.
Strawberry milk is very popular in Japan, so popular it’s actually a flavor! There are strawberry milk candies, ice cream, and drinks. Believe it or not, there’s even a strawberry milk flavored Pepsi sold in Japan!
Learn how to make a fresh and healthy strawberry milk smoothie using only a few ingredients.
What is Japanese Strawberry Milk?
Japanese strawberry milk is made using milk of choice (we used coconut milk to keep in low carb), fresh strawberries, heavy cream, and sweetener. It’s lighter, creamier and a milder flavor that, in my opinion, tastes more like real strawberries without that artificial taste some in the US might be used to.
If you’ve had Korean strawberry milk, this recipe is very similar and very popular in Korea and their cafes. It’s a dessert in a cup!
This Japanese strawberry milk is made as a smoothie but if you prefer, you can also make it a non-smoothie drink by using a masher and mash strawberries in a tall glass, then adding ice, heavy cream, milk, and sweetener.
What does Japanese strawberry milk taste like?
Japanese strawberry milk is creamy and full of milky fresh strawberry flavor. There is no use of strawberry syrup or strawberry puree. Just fresh strawberries and cream. An easy recipe anyone can make!
What is the difference between Japanese strawberry milk vs American strawberry milk?
Japanese strawberry milk uses fresh strawberries resulting in a true and natural strawberry flavor. American strawberry milk, such as Nesquick, gives you a more artificial strawberry flavor similar to that of a strawberry flavored candy.
What ingredients do I need and how do you make Japanese strawberry milk?1/2 Cup Coconut Milk (or milk of choice)
- Coconut Milk – can also use your choice of milk alternatives such as almond milk, oat milk, dairy milk, or soy milk. Note choice of base milk will change the taste.
- Strawberries – frozen or fresh strawberries work for this recipe.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – can also use whipping cream, heavy cream, coconut cream or half and half.
- Sweetener – to keep this recipe sugar-free, we use a monkfruit erythritol blend. It is low carb, keto friendly, and has 0 calories. Feel free to use your preferred sweetener, regular cane sugar, maple syrup, or honey.
Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until a smooth texture. Enjoy and top with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
What is the nutrition information for this strawberry milk recipe?
- 136 Calories
- 5g Carbohydrates
- 1g Fiber
- 1g Protein
- 12g Fat
- 41mg Cholesterol
- 79mg Sodium
- 73mg Potassium
- 20mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
- 441ui Vitamin A
- 28mg Vitamin C
Looking for other cold drink recipes?
- Iced Matcha Latte
- Strawberry Italian Soda
- Iced Vanilla Chai Tea Latte
- Strawberry Matcha Latte
- Homemade Milk Tea
Now, let’s get making this Japanese Style Strawberry Milk Smoothie recipe!
- Prepping Time 3M
- Total Time 3M
- Net Carb/Serv ~3g
- Servings 1
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/3 Cup Frozen Strawberries (make sure they are frozen)
- 2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Sweetener (Monkfruit Erythritol Blend, sugar or sweetener of choice)
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth (about 10-15 seconds).
3) Pour in tall glass and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy your Japanese Style Strawberry Milk Smoothie!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Japanese Style Strawberry Milk Smoothie
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk or milk of choice
- 1/3 Cup Strawberries only use frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Sweetener monkfruit erythritol blend, sugar or sweetener of choice
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth (about 10-15 seconds).
- Pour in tall glass and enjoy!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*