Experience the indulgence of Italian inspired traditional risotto with our Chicken Mushroom Risotto, innovatively crafted with cauliflower rice.
Marrying the robust flavors of chicken and mushrooms with the wholesome goodness of cauliflower, this dish seamlessly blends timeless Italian richness with a health-conscious twist. Each spoonful promises a culinary journey that redefines gourmet health dining.
What is Chicken Mushroom Risotto?
Chicken Mushroom Risotto is a classic Italian-inspired dish that has been reimagined with a healthier twist using cauliflower rice.
Infused with the savory flavors of chicken and mushrooms, this risotto not only offers a fulfilling meal or robust side dish in under 10 minutes but is also keto-friendly, low-carb, and gluten-free.
With minimal preparation time, it’s a convenient meal prep choice, allowing you to make in advance and freeze until you’re ready to savor its delightful flavors.
What does chicken mushroom cauliflower rice risotto taste like?
This risotto offers a rich blend of creamy cheese and umami from chicken and mushrooms.
The tender chicken complements the dish’s robust flavors, creating a standout culinary experience.
What ingredients do I need to make chicken mushroom cauliflower risotto?
- Butter – standard butter of choice. Can use salted or unsalted.
- Garlic – fresh grated garlic.
- Chicken – boneless and skinless chicken thigh. Can also use chicken breast if preferred.
- Mushrooms – common white mushrooms. Can also use cremini mushrooms.
- Cauliflower Rice – frozen or fresh ready to use cauliflower rice. Can also substitute with rice of choice.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – heavy cream or heavy whipping cream.
- Grated Parmesan – use grated Parmesan or a blend found in the self-stable section of supermarkets.
- Salt – table or sea salt.
- Black Pepper – use fresh or pre-ground pepper. More or less depending on taste preference.
- Nutmeg – ground nutmeg found in the spice section in supermarkets.
- Shaved Parmesan – shaved Parmesan used as a garnish.
What are the instructions to make chicken mushroom cauliflower rice risotto?
Begin by melting butter in a skillet, followed by sautéing grated garlic, cubed chicken, and sliced mushrooms until browned.
Incorporate your chosen rice, then blend in heavy cream, grated Parmesan, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg, cooking until the cheese melds seamlessly.
Finish with a garnish of shaved Parmesan garnish.
Are there any vegetables I can add into this creamy cauliflower risotto recipe?
Certainly! To enhance the cauliflower rice risotto, consider adding vegetables like:
- Cauliflower Florets
- Green Peas
How to store leftover risotto?
To store leftover risotto, transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-5 days. For reheating, microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Alternatively, for longer storage, freeze in ziplock bags. When ready to consume, defrost in hot water and microwave to the desired temperature.
What is the nutrition information for this chicken mushroom cauliflower rice risotto recipe?
- 561 Calories
- 13g Carbohydrates
- 6g Fiber
- 22g Protein
- 48g Fat
- 176mg Cholesterol
- 890mg Sodium
- 163mg Potassium
- 316mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
- 1479ui Vitamin A
- 1mg Vitamin C
Looking for other healthy risotto recipes?
Now, let’s get making this Chicken Mushroom Risotto recipe!
- Prepping Time 2M
- Cook Time 8M
- Total Time 10M
- Net Carb/Serving ~5g
- Servings 2
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 3oz Chicken Thigh
- 3 Common Mushrooms
- 3 Cups Cauliflower Rice (or rice of choice)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- Sprinkle of Shredded Parmesan (Optional)
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Grate garlic with a grater or mince and set aside.
3) Thinly slice mushrooms and set aside.
4) Chop chicken into cubes (about 1/4 x 1/4 inch) and set aside.
5) Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
6) Add garlic, cubed chicken, mushrooms and for 2-3 minutes until chicken is slightly browned.
7) Stir in cauliflower and cook until tender, approximately 3 minutes.
8) Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper and nutmeg. Cook for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted and infused into the mix.
9) Top with shredded Parmesan cheese and serve hot!
Hope you enjoy your Chicken Mushroom Risotto!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Chicken Mushroom Risotto
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Grate garlic with a grater or mince and set aside.
- Thinly slice mushrooms and set aside.
- Chop chicken into cubes (about 1/4 x 1/4 inch) and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, cubed chicken, mushrooms and for 2-3 minutes until chicken is slightly browed.
- Stir in cauliflower and cook until tender, approximately 3 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper and nutmeg. Cook for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted and infused into the mix.
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*