Dalgona Whipped Coffee is smooth, thick, golden caramel-looking cream topped over milk for a luxurious coffee drink that will uplift and energize you. This dalgona coffee recipe is a very popular coffee beverage that took over TikTok countless videos of people across the world making this coffee trend.
It’s no wonder because, in less than 5 minutes, you can have an unbelievably thick, smooth, golden brown coffee foam that is perfect topped over your choice of milk or dairy substitute. Follow along and learn how to make whipped coffee also known as dalgona coffee using only a few ingredients.
Table of Contents
How to make Dalgona Whipped Coffee?
- Start by beating together instant coffee, your choice of sweetener, and hot water until you achieve a smooth, thick foam.
- Spoon the whipped coffee over cold milk or a dairy alternative of your choosing and enjoy immediately.
If you’re in the mood for a mocha twist, add cocoa powder or mocha syrup to the milk, stirring until it’s well-dissolved.
What ingredients do I need?
- Milk – chilled milk, can also use your choice of milk or milk alternative. Coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk, oat milk etc.
- Instant Coffee – strong dark roast instant coffee works best. We recommend Starbucks Premium Instant Coffee.
- Sweetener – use your preferred sweetener.
- Hot Water – use warm to hot water to dissolve the instant coffee when mixing.
How long does it take to whip dalgona?
If using a whisk, it may take a while to get that thick dalgona foam needed for this beverage. Instead, use a hand mixer or stand mixer and you will have perfectly whipped coffee in less than 5 minutes.
Is dalgona coffee the same as whipped coffee?
Dalgona coffee and whipped coffee is the same thing with different names.
Looking for other dalgona recipes?
Watch How To Make It
Dalgona Whipped Coffee
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Instant Coffee, sweetener and hot water. Beat with a hand mixer until coffee mix turns frothy and light brown in color, about for 4-6 minutes.
- Pour milk into a cup of choice and spoon whipped coffee on top. When ready to enjoy, mix in the whipped coffee into the milk. Note - if you prefer a hot beverage, just warm up the milk.