Dalgona Whipped Coffee is smooth, thick, golden caramel-looking cream topped over milk for a luxurious coffee drink that will uplift and energize you.
This dalgona coffee recipe is a very popular coffee beverage that took over TikTok countless videos of people across the world making this coffee trend.
It’s no wonder because, in less than 5 minutes, you can have an unbelievably thick, smooth, golden brown coffee foam that is perfect topped over your choice of milk or dairy substitute.
Follow along and learn how to make whipped coffee also known as dalgona coffee using only a few ingredients.
What is Dalgona Whipped Coffee?
Instant coffee, sweetener, and a little warm water are beaten until a thick foam form with stiff peaks. The beaten coffee is topped over milk and then enjoyed as an indulgent drink full of strong coffee flavor.
This Dalgona coffee recipe gives you the option of making it a whipped coffee without sugar by using sugar-free sweeteners for a low carb and keto friendly drink.
Where did dalgona coffee come from?
Dalgona coffee originated in South Korea after the Korean war. Recently the trend took over TikTok and because a beverage sensation with thousands of videos posted making the delicious drink.
What does dalgona coffee taste like?
Dalgona coffee is sweet, smooth, and light yet strong in coffee flavor for an indulgent coffee treat.
How long does it take to whip dalgona coffee?
If using a whisk, it may take a while to get that thick dalgona foam needed for this beverage.
Instead, use a hand mixer or stand mixer and you will have perfectly whipped coffee in less than 5 minutes.
Is dalgona coffee the same as whipped coffee?
Dalgona coffee and whipped coffee is the same thing with different names.
What ingredients do I need to make dalgona whipped coffee?
- Milk – use cold milk, almond milk, coconut milk, oat milk, soy milk, or any type of preferred dairy substitute.
- Instant Coffee – high quality instant coffee is preferred.
- Sweetener – use granulated sugar or monkfruit erythritol blend.
- Hot Water – use warm to hot water to dissolve the instant coffee when mixing.
How to make whipped coffee?
Beat instant coffee, sweetener, and hot water together until a smooth, thick foam forms. Top the whipped coffee mixture on top of cold milk or dairy alternative.
For a mocha-flavored dalgona coffee you can add cocoa powder or mocha syrup to the milk and stir to dissolve.
What is the nutrition information for this dalgona coffee recipe?
- 26 Calories
- 1g Carbohydrates
- 1g Fiber
- 1g Protein
- 2g Fat
- 0mg Cholesterol
- 244mg Sodium
- 0mg Potassium
- 225mg Calcium
- 0mg Iron
- 0ui Vitamin A
- 0mg Vitamin C
Looking for other dalgona recipes?
Now, let’s get making this Dalgona Whipped Coffee recipe!
- Prepping Time 5M
- Total Time 5M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Servings 1
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine Instant Coffee, sweetener and hot water. Beat with a hand mixer until coffee mix turns frothy and light brown in color, about for 4-6 minutes.
3) Pour Almond Milk into a cup of choice and spoon whipped coffee on top. When ready to enjoy, mix in the whipped coffee into the Almond Milk. Note – if you prefer a hot beverage, just warm up the Almond Milk.
Hope you enjoy your Dalgona Whipped Coffee!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Dalgona Whipped Coffee
- 3/4 Cup Almond Milk or milk of choice
- 2 tbsp Instant Coffee we used UCC Blend
- 2 tbsp Sweetener monkfruit erythritol blend, sugar or sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp Hot Water
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Instant Coffee, sweetener and hot water. Beat with a hand mixer until coffee mix turns frothy and light brown in color, about for 4-6 minutes.
- Pour almond milk into a cup of choice and spoon whipped coffee on top. When ready to enjoy, mix in the whipped coffee into the almond milk. Note - if you prefer a hot beverage, just warm up the almond milk.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*