Who needs wine when you have golden milk? Relax and unwind from the day with this low-carb/keto friendly golden milk that is not only healthy but has healing properties to keep you feeling your best!
A little while ago, I started seeing this drink called golden milk all over the internet and on social media that I knew I had to see what all the hype was about.
First, a little history about golden milk – it’s a traditional Indian drink made from mixing milk with turmeric and sometimes other spices.
You’ll find all types of different variations and this recipe is our low-carb/keto version of the popular healing drink.
Golden milk is known to aid many health ailments including colds, coughs, inflammation, anxiety, depression and aches/pains. It can also boost the immune system, improve brain function as well as lower blood sugar levels!
So with all these amazing health benefits, I knew I had to try my hand in making this miracle drink low-carb/keto friendly!
I experimented with different spices and eventually came up with one that had the best taste, which this recipe is based on.
Golden milk has become my nighttime ritual as I found that it helps me unwind from the day and really relaxes my mind and body. I have also noticed a more restful nights sleep.
So the next time you feel like you need a nighttime calming drink, make yourself a cup of golden milk. I promise you will notice a difference!
Just a little note, don’t skip out of the black pepper as it helps with absorption of the nutrients found in turmeric.
Now, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
Cooking Time 5M
Total Time 5M
Net Carb/Cup ~1g
Servings 2 Cup
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Using a stove top pot, add Almond Milk, Swerve/Monkfruit, ground turmeric, ground cinnamon, Vanilla Extract, ground ginger, and black pepper. Mix well and heat to preferred drinking temperature on medium low heat. Note – do not let it boil.
3) Transfer to a heat resistant cup and enjoy warm.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Golden Milk!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Low Carb Golden Milk
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Using a stove top pot, add almond milk, Swerve/Monkfruit, ground turmeric, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, ground ginger, and black pepper. Mix well and heat to preferred drinking temperature on medium low heat. Note - do not let it boil.
- Transfer to a heat resistant cup and enjoy warm.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*