Learn how to make a unique and refreshing drink with this Italian Soda Recipe. Also known as Italian cream soda, this popular beverage is sure to be a hit with any crowd!
Enjoy this satisfying Strawberry Italian soda with only 3 ingredients and a few minutes. That’s it! Easy peasy!
This Italian cream soda recipe gives you the option to make this drink a healthier, sugar-free and low carb beverage to fit your dietary needs.
What is Italian Soda?
Italian Soda, also known as Italian cream soda, is typically made with club soda/sparkling water, a flavored syrup and cream or heavy whipping cream. You can pick from all different flavors making it a fun and customizable drink to fit your taste buds.
What makes Italian soda different then American soft drinks?
Contrary to popular belief, Italian soda did not originate from Italy but in the U.S. Perhaps, the name Italian soda came about because the syrups used to make Italian Soda were brought to the U.S. from Italy.
What makes American soda or traditional soda different from “Italian Soda” is the addition of cream or heavy cream which is added to give the soda a creamy smooth feel.
What ingredients do I need and how do I make Italian soda?
- Strawberry Syrup – you can use any type of strawberry syrup such as Torani syrups, or for a low carb, sugar free option, choose a sugar free syrup such as Choc Zero’s strawberry syrup.
- Ice – crushed, cubed, the choice is yours
- Carbonated Water – you can purchase carbonated water or make your own using a soda stream. Club soda, sparkling water, seltzer water, can all be used for Italian Soda.
- Whipped Cream (optional) – you can top it with some whipped cream to make it extra fun and festive.
In a glass tumbler, pour strawberry syrup, followed by ice, sparkling water, and lastly heavy cream. Give it a good stir, and top with optional whipped cream and a fruit, berries or mint garnish.
What other flavored syrup can I use to make Italian soda?
Here are some Italian soda flavor combinations including:
- Pina Colada
- Orange for an orange creamsicle Italian soda
What is the nutrition information for this Italian soda recipe?
- 82 Calories
- 13g Carbohydrates
- 11g Fiber
- 1g Protein
- 6g Fat
- 21mg Cholesterol
- 112mg Sodium
- 0mg Potassium
- 23mg Calcium
- 0mg Iron
- 221ui Vitamin A
- 0mg Vitamin C
Looking for other drink recipes?
- Starbucks Copycat Mocha Frappuccino
- Iced Matcha Latte
- Homemade Sprite Soda
- Strawberry Slushie
- Japanese Style Strawberry Milk Smoothie
Now, let’s get making this Strawberry Italian Soda recipe!
- Prepping Time 1M
- Total Time 1M
- Net Carb/Serv ~2g
- Servings 16oz
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) In a glass tumbler, pour strawberry syrup, followed by ice, sparkling water, and last, heavy cream.
3) Top with optional whip cream and mix well before enjoying!
Hope you enjoy your Strawberry Italian Soda!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Strawberry Italian Soda
- 2 tbsp Strawberry Syrup Choc Zero for a low carb sugar-free option
- 1/2 Cup Ice
- 16 oz Carbonated Water
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a glass tumbler, pour Choc Zero Strawberry Syrup, followed by ice, sparkling water, and last, heavy cream.
- Top with optional whip cream and mix well before enjoying!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*