If you’re a fan of Thai iced tea, then you’ll love this keto low carb Thai tea chia seed pudding! It has all the flavors of the delicious drink packed into this lovely chia pudding dessert!
When I first started my low carb lifestyle, I basically only drank water and sparkling water. Oh how little I knew back then. When I was introduced to different sweeteners, that’s when life changed for me.
I started making ice teas with flavored teas a little sweetener. Before I knew it I was making all kinds of different drinks I used to love all the while staying low carb!
When I looking for a new chia dessert flavor to add to our collection, I knew I had to add a Thai tea chia pudding. The bold and creamy flavors of this popular tea really come through in this healthy chia dessert!
Now, if you’re wondering about the health benefits of chia seeds, there’s plenty! With practically zero net carbs and a high fiber content, they might just be the perfect low carb dessert! They’re also high in omega-3 fatty acids and loaded with antioxidants.
For the Thai Tea Bag, make sure you find “tea bags” and not the pre-mixed Thai tea pouches. Those contain milk powder and sugar which is not what we want for this recipe if you’re looking to stay low-carb/keto. What you’re looking for a just plain Thai Tea Bag that you brew yourself with hot water.
Just a tip we learned along the way, if your chia seeds are a little old, they may not absorb liquid as well. If you find this to be the case, just add a little more chia seed to the mixture.
Also if you’re not familiar with chia pudding, it’s more a gel consistency and not like jello or custard. If you prefer a thicker consistency, use less water or increase the amount of chia seeds!
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 5M
Cooling Time 3H
Total Time 3H5M
Net Carb/Serv ~1g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) In small cup or bowl, place tea bag inside and pour in boiling water. Let steep approx 3-5 minutes then remove tea bag.
4) Next, combine in Chia Seeds. Once mixed in, place in refrigerator for approximately 3 hours. Note – you can optional give the pudding a good stir about 30 minutes into the refrigeration process to prevent clumping.
Chia Seed pudding can be stored in the refrigerator covered for up to 5 days.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Thai Tea Chia Seed Pudding!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Low Carb Thai Tea Chia Seed Pudding
- 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- 1 Thai Tea Bag not the premixed version
- 2 tbsp Monkfruit, Swerve or Sweetener of Choice
- 2 tbsp Half & Half
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds add 1 more tbsp for thicker consistency
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In small cup or bowl, place tea bag inside and pour in boiling water. Let steep approx 3-5 minutes then remove tea bag.
- Combine in Swerve/Monkfruit and half & half.
- Next, combine in Chia Seeds. Once mixed in, place in refrigerator for approximately 3 hours. Note - you can optional give the pudding a good stir about 30 minutes into the refrigeration process to prevent clumping.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*